The MT-07 Forum

Vibrations??

hawkize

• Premium Member

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure everything is fine but just want some reassurance. Finally starting to get more comfortable on the bike and not short shifting everything.  Getting into the higher revs when shifting and noticing there is quite a bit of vibration in the foot pegs and the bike in general.  Usually this happens in 1st, 2nd and a little bit in 3rd. I assume this is normal and I'm just not used to it because I just got past the break-in period and didn't have the bike above 7k rpms often. 

Just need some peace of mind.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Do you have the stock foot pegs or aftermarket pegs without the rubber on them?

If you have the stockers with the rubber pad you shouldn't feel much. If you have pegs without the rubber pads you'll feel a hell of a lot more.

• Premium Member
If you have the stockers with the rubber pad you shouldn't feel much. If you have pegs without the rubber pads you'll feel a hell of a lot more.
Stock....and I probably just think it's quite a bit because I'm not used to it.  But, in reality it's pry not a ton.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Stock....and I probably just think it's quite a bit because I'm not used to it.  But, in reality it's pry not a ton.
Could always check the rearset bolts just to be sure nothing is loose. It's probably fine though, especially if you're not used to the higher rpms. 

• Premium Member
phicurious86

The fz07 is a vibey bike, especially in lower gears at higher rpms. Normal.

• Premium Member
@phicurious86 That's what I needed to hear.  First bike, just don't know what to expect.  It sounds like it wants to be shifted but it's only at 6k rpm....takes some getting used to

• Premium Member
phicurious86
@phicurious86 That's what I needed to hear.  First bike, just don't know what to expect.  It sounds like it wants to be shifted but it's only at 6k rpm....takes some getting used to
Short shifting in gears 1 and 2 was my preferred method. Think the stock bike has made 95% of its torque by 6k.

• Premium Member

If it's sounds and "feels" like it's ready to shift, then gear up. At some point you won't even be looking at the tach as you knock thru the gears. The bike has plenty of torque at low speeds so ringing out each gear slowly is not necessary for smooth riding and gear changes. I've seen many "first ride" YouTube videos on the FZ and most of the riders are ringing the hell outta first and second gear. Then complaining that engine braking is SO STRONG! Well what do they expect?

If it's sounds and "feels" like it's ready to shift, then gear up. At some point you won't even be looking at the tach as you knock thru the gears. The bike has plenty of torque at low speeds so ringing out each gear slowly is not necessary for smooth riding and gear changes. I've seen many "first ride" YouTube videos on the FZ and most of the riders are ringing the hell outta first and second gear. Then complaining that engine braking is SO STRONG! Well what do they expect?  

Maybe it is just me. But I absolutely love that punchey engine braking. Rode through the Dragon in second gear and only touched the brakes I think twice.

Archived