The MT-07 Forum

Another exhaust issue

cem

I have a dilemma that I need to solve folks. I would appreciate the help a lot. Here in Turkey we have a local exhaust producer called TIGER exhausts (http://www.tigerexhaust.com/) who manufacture great looking, great sounding exhausts for reasonable prices. They even export their products. However the one that they manufacture for FZ 07 is far too loud for anyone. Now when you buy one, they do not recommend installing their small baffles or other baffles that are sold worldwide because they insist that baffles increase the back pressure too much thus causing the temperature to increase in the engine. They claim that this harms both the engine and the exhaust. It also increases the fuel consumption. So I think, what is the difference between their cans and other internationally sold ones because every other brand has baffles. I do not understand. I am thinking of buying a perforated long baffle online even with the fiber covered ones. Should I install one or not? Thanx for reading this long paragraph. Sorry for the inconvenience. :-)

How much temperature increase do they claim a baffle will cause? Two degrees, ten degrees, 100??? They didn't say and they didn't say how much extra temperature will cause harm to the engine or the pipe and our bikes are water cooled to take on a little extra temperature. Their claim seems a little vague. 

Beemer

• Global Moderator

The engine is designed to have a certain amount of back pressure. That is one reason the stock exhaust is so large. I would think that exhaust with a baffle would still have less back pressure than the stock exhaust.

Archived