The MT-07 Forum

CA riders did you get your new exhaust put on at a shop?

attackcat109

attackcat109

I live with my folks while going to uni so I don't have the space or the tools to actually break down the OEM exhaust and slip on the m4 myself, so I was wondering if you guys had taken your bikes to shops to get this done. How much did it cost to have them install just the exhaust?

booboobusfz07
I live with my folks while going to uni so I don't have the space or the tools to actually break down the OEM exhaust and slip on the m4 myself, so I was wondering if you guys had taken your bikes to shops to get this done. How much did it cost to have them install just the exhaust?

If you've got room to park it there's room to work on it.
You could rent or borrow angle grinder from a buddy or buy one from harbor freight for like 20$
Taking the oem off and mounting a new is super easy.
Buying the tool and wheels at harbor freight will be cheaper than any shop.

I parked on a dark alley way, where the rats are the size of elephant hoofs, the sound of the wind howling in the distance, and with the 40 pocket lighters shined the path to installing my exhaust.

attackcat109

Weird to think of doing it on the sidewalk, but I guess that would be the only place. As far as room to park, room to work, it doesn't really apply as I part in the tiniest of spots: about a 2 foot section with barely enough room to get on and off between a porsche and a beemer. I'll look into it thanks.

booboobusfz07
Weird to think of doing it on the sidewalk, but I guess that would be the only place. As far as room to park, room to work, it doesn't really apply as I part in the tiniest of spots: about a 2 foot section with barely enough room to get on and off between a porsche and a beemer. I'll look into it thanks.

Parents can't take the car outta the garage for a few hrs?

attackcat109

Asked them about the living room - no go. And my family is a group of 10 people; the garage is full of shit that my sister and mom refuse to throw away. So I can't do it in the garage, but I guess sidewalk isn't too bad. Now I just got to get my books for the semester, see what I have left over and get started.

• Premium Member

Here, if you're in SD, come by and I can help, DON'T pay a shop to do it. It's SO incredibly easy. I think I had my OEM system on, and full Akra Ti on w/in 30 mins.

attackcat109

I might just take you up on that offer as soon as I get settled in on school.

Edit: lol, maybe I could pay you hahaha

• Premium Member
I might just take you up on that offer as soon as I get settled in on school. 
Edit: lol, maybe I could pay you hahaha

Ha, no payment please. It'll be my pleasure to help. Maybe bring a sixer, you located in sd? Just DM me whenever you wanna tackle it.

• Premium Member

There we go! @ch3rryghost above and beyond! Nice.

I was gonna say, you'd spend far less money on a simple basic socket set (you'll definitely want one for any tinkering on this bike anyway) than you would wasting it at a garage. It really only takes 20+/- minutes. Space required is minimal.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

attackcat109

Sweet yeah I'm SD - el cajon to be specific. Hopefully I'll be DMing you soon! :D

"There we go! ch3rryghost above and beyond! Nice."

He truly is!

• Premium Member

So is it a slip-on or complete system?
A complete system is cake and can be done by (almost) anyone with a set of metric sockets. A slip-on is a little more work, and definitely requires a someone at a higher level of competency (and with more tools). ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

attackcat109

it is a m4 slip on. "a someone at a higher level of competency" - and while I don't doubt my competency, I have made mistakes (like ruining my last oil filter on my 2nd most recent change) so I sometimes get a little worried, but with ch3rryghost, I hope this will go smoothly. :)

• Premium Member
it is a m4 slip on. "a someone at a higher level of competency" - and while I don't doubt my competency, I have made mistakes (like ruining my last oil filter on my 2nd most recent change) so I sometimes get a little worried, but with ch3rryghost, I hope this will go smoothly. :)
... but he did a full Akra Ti.  Just pointing out that it isn't on the same "beard scale" (if you've seen the Revzilla reviews). ;) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Alright no worries, you're close, I'm in South Park. Haha, no way am I a master mechanic but with things like exhaust systems they're always pretty straight forward. Everything on a motorcycle just seems vastly easier than working on than cars, especially my latest car; don't miss that thing at all. Even the exhaust work on that took me and my friend who is a mechanic 4+ hrs.

• Premium Member

@ch3rryghost is a woman, Just trying to put it out there in case you show up to her house and realize she's not a man. LOL

Pet her Great Dane for me!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Hahah, thanks Meek. Let's try and meet up next week. I am set to arrive in SF Monday. Spending the night in SLO on the way up.

@ch3rryghost is a woman, Just trying to put it out there in case you show up to her house and realize she's not a man. LOL 
Pet her Great Dane for me!

Hahah lmfao, anyways exhaust install is ez pz...you can easily do it at home

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Archived