The MT-07 Forum

Finally, got a MIVV OVAL CARBON CAP exhaust

eraser8

Hi guys,

As someone know, I didn't like the original sound of this bike since it sounded like a scooter. I did the cheap mod on the exhaust that consist of drilling 4 hole on the outside of the exhaust around the exit pipe on the back. I like this improvement since it make it louder (no more scooter sound) with a much improved growl.

BUT, the time past and this mod give me a kind of annoying sound grinding my ears (hard to describe). I'm pretty sure it is a high pitch sound related to the fact that the holes exit inside the heat shield and act like a resonator.

So, finally, I decided to buy an aftermarket exhaust but didn't want to spend the 1400$ CAN on an akrapovic titanium. I finally found the MIVV OVAL CARBON CAP which we have not talked very much. It is Italian made, well done, pretty dawn good construction of the can and pipe (only stainless steel 304 and full carbon. I must that the full carbon can is REALLY beautiful which I didn't expect so much. I took the full carbon can because I think this provide a slight better grave (lower) sound, but I never compare both (the stainless steel can).

In total, all prices included, it cost me 729$ CAN.... I personally found this really expensive for "only" to have a better sound, and a better look, but I must admit that after installing it and listen it, it is very different than the exhaust drilling hole. I didn't regret it and plus, the annoying grinding sound in my ear disappear. FYI, I have install the 2 baffle in. I like the sound like this and I don't want to be too loud.

Here is my prefered video for the pipe. (not mine)

Also,here is a link of the MIVV company on a dyno comparing the OEM exhaust VS the carbon cap.

Plus, this exhaust is sound and emission approved in Europe ( not certified in US but, it is better than nothing). You need to buy the catalytic converter which is about 100$ more to be emission approved.

Ok now I need to go for a ride an listen my new MIVV exhaust :)

Wow, congrats!!! It looks very sharp! For me it's important too that it is EU homologated (with the catalytic converter), as I may bring my FZ back to Europe when I move back in the future!

I know MIVV from Spain, it is good quality! ??

Enjoy the ride!!

Safe riding!

I've been looking at the Mivv exhaust, good to hear that it is high quality. Can you post some pictures from different angles so we can see what it looks like on the bike?

Thanks!

2016 FZ07 - LOVING IT!!
2003 R6 - SOLD
2006 FZ6 - SOLD

• Premium Member

Hello Eraser8 (and everyone else):
I am glad that finally someone else got the Mivv Carbon. I have had it since last spring and really enjoy its sound. I too left all the db killer in, so it is not overly loud but when you get on the throttle, you can ear it. If you want to see a couple of (bad) pictures, here a THREAD

Marco

I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

I've been looking at the Mivv exhaust, good to hear that it is high quality. Can you post some pictures from different angles so we can see what it looks like on the bike?  
Thanks!
Thanks  
I will post some pic maybe tomorrow evening when I will have 5 minutes to me...

Now I'm done for today!!!

Hi guys,

Here is some pic of my new exhaust!

IMG_1006_zpsalchdxsj.jpg

IMG_1003_zpsn8t7oig8.jpg

Note that the pipes from the engine to the can have sligtly chance color from stainless steel (silver) to a more goldy color. And it will surely change a little bit mor to the blue color near of the engine when I will put lot of miles on it. 

BTW, AWESOME sound from this carbon exhaust :)

• 7 months later...
gallardo135

Hi eraser8,

I would like to buy the same exhaust and I live in Canada me too.

Where did you buy your exhaust ? Ebay italy or psjparts.com in the USA ?

Did you have to pay import duties and brokerage fees ?

Hi eraser8, 

I would like to buy the same exhaust and I live in Canada me too.

Where did you buy your exhaust ? Ebay italy or psjparts.com in the USA ?

Did you have to pay import duties and brokerage fees ?
Hi 
I bought it from PJsparts.com. Paige is wonderfull. I really suggest to buy it from her, plus, this is the lowest price I found on the market last year.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone comment on the Mivv Speed Edge for these bikes, whats the difference other than looks and price? And which is "better"? I like the look of the speed edge over the oval carbon but haven't been able to find much about it

• 5 months later...
On 5/28/2017 at 12:28 PM, baker897 said:

Can anyone comment on the Mivv Speed Edge for these bikes, whats the difference other than looks and price? And which is "better"? I like the look of the speed edge over the oval carbon but haven't been able to find much about it

Any takers on this???

18 minutes ago, rweakley said:

Any takers on this???

Slightly different power gains speed edge according to MIVV website makes a little more torque and hp

On 5/28/2017 at 3:28 PM, baker897 said:

Edit: just noticed the date so probably too late now but I'm keeping my post up anyway.

Unless you're racing with it (they are used in racing) I wouldn't worry too much about it, the performance differences in pipes alone shouldn't make much difference, if any, to street riding and I haven't heard any big news about Mivv pipes being bad. I say just get what you like. Maybe do a search on "Mivv pipe reviews" and see what you come up with. That's how I checked my pipe before I bought it, other than you tube videos. Personal reviews are the best. Here's one for you (not the speed edge but Mivv in general) and GL! http://www.wristtwisters.com/f94/919-mivv-exhaust-review-13568.html

Then there's this video  from you tube. 

Beemer

Sorry, I just stumbled on this. We import MIVV and have dealt with them for years and LOVE the pipes.

If there's anything I can answer, let me know.  As far as the Speed Edge as compared to other pipes, the performance differences in cans are minimal,  it's more a matter of rider Preference. the Speed Edge is a beautiful design, but the GP's are the deepest and most resonant.

We should have another shipment arriving and out to customers in a couple of weeks if anyone else wants in, and we'll be doing an install of a Gp in the shop shortly and will get close pics and details..

7 hours ago, pjfz1 said:

Sorry, I just stumbled on this. We import MIVV and have dealt with them for years and LOVE the pipes.

If there's anything I can answer, let me know.  As far as the Speed Edge as compared to other pipes, the performance differences in cans are minimal,  it's more a matter of rider Preference. the Speed Edge is a beautiful design, but the GP's are the deepest and most resonant.

We should have another shipment arriving and out to customers in a couple of weeks if anyone else wants in, and we'll be doing an install of a Gp in the shop shortly and will get close pics and details..

Well I wish I would've checked back about 5 minutes sooner.  I just bought one from a shop in Italy on ebay.  I checked out PJ's parts website a week or so ago, and it appeared to be down for the count, so I took a chance elsewhere.  I'm looking for sound, not performance.  I have read people saying they're quiet.  But if that's what I wanted, I'd stick with the stock.  I want volume, but not deafening volume.  I think this is gonna be a good option.  I just need to figure out a good map for the fuel, as I also have a FTECU on the way.  And an Ohlin front and rear upgrade.  I'm so stoked about all this.  Also been stalking eBay from minimally damaged plastics, and I'm going to have a set painted an awesome color.  But I'll leave the originals untouched, so I can switch back if I want.

Anywho...sorry, I'd have supported the business if I had seen this sooner.

It isn't quiet without a baffle installed.  Mine came with front and rear baffles.  The rear one is riveted and I drilled it out and replaced it with a small bolt so I can remove it easily.  Sounds pretty mean with it removed but still a great improvement with it installed.  You would have to remove the can to get the forward one out but it would be crazy loud (straight piped).  I have FTECU as well, not sure which PC map I'm running right now.  I've tried several, can't tell a lot of difference between them.

14 hours ago, rweakley said:

Well I wish I would've checked back about 5 minutes sooner.  I just bought one from a shop in Italy on ebay.  I checked out PJ's parts website a week or so ago, and it appeared to be down for the count, so I took a chance elsewhere.  I'm looking for sound, not performance.  I have read people saying they're quiet.  But if that's what I wanted, I'd stick with the stock.  I want volume, but not deafening volume.  I think this is gonna be a good option.  I just need to figure out a good map for the fuel, as I also have a FTECU on the way.  And an Ohlin front and rear upgrade.  I'm so stoked about all this.  Also been stalking eBay from minimally damaged plastics, and I'm going to have a set painted an awesome color.  But I'll leave the originals untouched, so I can switch back if I want.

Anywho...sorry, I'd have supported the business if I had seen this sooner.

No problem - enjoy it!!    

With the Db Killer out it's got a great sound level, actually a bit loud for some, but you can trim the Db Killer to tune it.

I built and was PJ's Parts until 3 years ago - got divorced, Ex Wife ran it into the ground and shut the doors, we picked up the ball and are here to take care of riders.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 2:23 AM, kbob2000 said:

It isn't quiet without a baffle installed.  Mine came with front and rear baffles.  The rear one is riveted and I drilled it out and replaced it with a small bolt so I can remove it easily.  Sounds pretty mean with it removed but still a great improvement with it installed.  You would have to remove the can to get the forward one out but it would be crazy loud (straight piped).  I have FTECU as well, not sure which PC map I'm running right now.  I've tried several, can't tell a lot of difference between them.

I'll probably do the same.  As long as I don't get the dreaded loss of torque from reduced back pressure, I'll be fine.  Does it seem smoother overall with the FTECU?  I'm pretty excited to get everything going.  Probably installing next weekend.

It's smoother, but not significantly so.  I have a strong suspicion that the reflash with dyno work and timing adjustments (or 2wdw) would be better in that department.  It's honestly what I wish I would have done since I have no plans to change anything else related to tuning.  That being said, I'm overall happy with the setup.

10 hours ago, kbob2000 said:

It's smoother, but not significantly so.  I have a strong suspicion that the reflash with dyno work and timing adjustments (or 2wdw) would be better in that department.  It's honestly what I wish I would have done since I have no plans to change anything else related to tuning.  That being said, I'm overall happy with the setup.

Well that's a bit disappointing to hear.  I suppose as long as I don't lose any power/torque, I'm ok with it.  I was considering the 2WDW, but didn't want to be without the bike for a week each time I wanted to make a change.  Even when I'm not riding to work, I'll come home and take it for a quick spin just to get my jollies.  Oh well I'll see how it goes...

On 11/25/2017 at 7:37 AM, pjfz1 said:

No problem - enjoy it!!    

With the Db Killer out it's got a great sound level, actually a bit loud for some, but you can trim the Db Killer to tune it.

I built and was PJ's Parts until 3 years ago - got divorced, Ex Wife ran it into the ground and shut the doors, we picked up the ball and are here to take care of riders.

Web site?  Thanks

Archived