The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Cameras

enupe

@beemer I will only purchase high quality stuff. That's just me. I refuse to do that cheap stuff like I see a lot of people wanting to do. I spent too much money on my bike just to put cheap parts on it.

You were asking about cameras, and people were giving you advice. How did you all of a sudden start talking about a lot of people putting cheap parts on their bikes? Your posts always look like you're putting other people down because they like doing DIY's, or putting certain parts on their bike. Enjoy your bike and ride it. I like doing work on my own bike, but I also like spending money on it time to time. What someone spends on their bike is up to them. I love my FZ and like seeing all the different renditions of what an FZ should look like. It doesn't matter if it's cheap parts, expensive parts or whatever.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

@jchin3081 1) My post was in response to what @beemer said earlier in this post about something being expensive and then a later post from him as well. Maybe you didn't read the entire post? 2) You seem to be internalizing what was said for some reason and I don't know why. I said nothing about you or anyone else for that matter. We were talking about our personal preferences. What you or anyone else does with their bikes is of no consequense to me. Honestly I really could care less. Myself and beemer were discussing what we like to do. Sorry if you feel as though I/we were talking about you. I could care less what you or anyone else spends on their bikes, yet in a conversation or a post with someone who sent me a message I will continue to respond to them as I see fit. NOTHING that I said was directed at anyone nor was it offensive or intended to be. I've NEVER, not one time, said anything negative about anyone or anyone's bike on this forum or elsewhere! So I find it very interesting how out of the blue you feel like I am talking about you. Truth be told my statement had NOTHING to do with this forum. I'm entitled to like what I like, just as you or anyone else is, and I will continue to express myself as such.

• Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I am leaning towards the FUZER but that means that I'll have to wait for it to come out if at all. Not sure if I want to wait that long. I stopped by Best Buy to look at the Sony AS 200 V/W and that's definitely the next viable option for me I think.

@beemer will that chin mount work with other types of cameras as well, I'm not gonna get a Go Pro? Can you post a link to some video so we can see the view from the chin?
Well, I haven't tried mounting other types of cameras so I can't answer that question with certainty. There 'may' be 'something' that fits but I can say this, it's made for GoPro's and will likely work with most GoPro knock-off's but there you would be getting something cheap so scratch that, right?! I seriously doubt another type of cam would fit if it isn't designed like a Gopro, it probably would have a whole different type of mount. If you end up getting another type of cam just scour the manufacturer's web site for all their accessories and if no luck finding a chin mount try E-Bay, Amazon, etc, etc, but beware of "Made In China", not that everything made there is made cheaply. Just PATD and you'll probably be fine. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting, maybe a review. Have a link for that FUZER? I found this while looking: http://vuze.camera/ 
Your requested chin mount view:

[video src=https://youtu.be/SR_gzua0f3E]

Beemer

@ beemer I don't worry about pricey and I am far from being rich. If I like it/want it I get it. I don't quite understand owning a $8,000 machine and wanting to go cheap all the time, but that's just me.
As they say, it's all relative, to each his own, whatever floats your boat, etc, etc, etc. It's all good.

Beemer

• Premium Member

@beemer Thanks dude! I will definitely let you know what I decide on. By the way that view from the chin does look pretty good.

@beemer Thanks dude! I will definitely let you know what I decide on. By the way that view from the chin does look pretty good.
I started with the top helmet mount and didn't like the view and especially how goofy it looks on top of a helmet, saw the side helmet view and didn't like that view much either but better looking on the helmet. The chin is the only one I like well enough.

Beemer

• Premium Member

@beemer Yeah I'm probably gonna have to experiment just like you did. I like functional but I also want it to look good and not goofy.

I use a Sony action cam mounted on the right side of my helmet. It's not a box.  
Here's some videos with the camera:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5I2jyXVVkPO5M9k0onp1w
I like the looks of those on the side of a helmet much better than a boxy GoPro but the video results aren't as good/realistic. You have your helmet blocking (potential evidence) what's to the left and it's not what a person actually sees, meaning, you don't see the side of your helmet when you're riding but to each his own.

Beemer

I use a Sony action cam mounted on the right side of my helmet. It's not a box.  
Here's some videos with the camera:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5I2jyXVVkPO5M9k0onp1w
I like the looks of those on the side of a helmet much better than a boxy GoPro but the video results aren't as good/realistic. You have your helmet blocking (potential evidence) what's to the left and it's not what a person actually sees, meaning, you don't see the side of your helmet when you're riding but to each his own.
Yeah I've noticed that. The helmet is in the way some. I got it cause of the shape. But I would for sure do the chin mount if I ever get a go pro. That's the only way to go with that cam in my book.

• Premium Member

How do those of you who are using the GoPro Hero4 Black enjoy that cam? Does it allow you to connect it to your cell phone to automatically view video or pics taken? Also what is the new GoPro that's supposed to be coming u
out, when is it supposed to be on the market, and what are the advantages of waiting for that cam? @beemer After watching all the videos posted about the GoPro and the option of the chin mount you had posted I may be leaning in that direction now. I am not a fan of the video I've seen from other cams where the side of the helmet can be seen in the video.

How do those of you who are using the GoPro Hero4 Black enjoy that cam? Does it allow you to connect it to your cell phone to automatically view video or pics taken? Also what is the new GoPro that's supposed to be coming u out, when is it supposed to be on the market, and what are the advantages of waiting for that cam? @beemer After watching all the videos posted about the GoPro and the option of the chin mount you had posted I may be leaning in that direction now. I am not a fan of the video I've seen from other cams where the side of the helmet can be seen in the video.

There's an app on your phone or tablet to help control your GoPro. Pretty easy to connect. The current models as well as the 3silver and up work perfectly, but a lot of people have been waiting for this new model just because it's the "newest model". A lot of what makes a GoPro great is because of all the accessories you can purchase for it.

• Premium Member

@caliesv That's a great set up. Could you post links to the various parts needed beside the cam?

@caliesv That's a great set up. Could you post links to the various parts needed beside the cam?
I think this is everything:

Sony SPK-AS1 Waterproof Case for Action Cam https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0092W8C1G/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_UW8TxbW3WJHRC

3M Company #RF9730 2PR 1x3 Re-Close Strip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQMW6I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_WX8Txb7M68YG2

Olympus Adjustable Wrist Strap for all Olympus compact cameras - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TKYMTA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_oY8Txb3XMREK9

Sony arm kit VCT-AMK1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJ294XK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_6Y8TxbKZVT5T8

Me personally. No. I like to grab my helmet hit a button and go. This thing, you gotta put on, make sure is pointed in the right direction, then when you take off your jacket, you gotta take this off and find a place for it... Blah blah blah. Plus, the reason I have a cam on my helmet is cause I want the camera to record everything I'm looking at, not just what's in front of me.

I bought db5000 ex frim Amazon for 60 dollars. Looks just like a gopro and came with 15 different accessories.

Connects to smart phone with wifi no problems.

I bought db5000 ex frim Amazon for 60 dollars. Looks just like a gopro and came with 15 different accessories.  
Connects to smart phone with wifi no problems.
How is the video quality? I have been considering similar no-pro options like SJ 5000. Do you have any sample videos you can post? Also can this camera be charged while it is capturing video?

Archived