The MT-07 Forum

I need advice on a fz07 purchase at a dealer!?! HELP!

skyhard805

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this site but not to forums and general; I decided to come to this site because it is directed specifically at the FZ 07! I live in Ventura California or SoCal as some people put it and recently I have been looking into upgrading from my Kawasaki 250R to a FZ 07 hopefully. Now a friend at a dealership has come acrossed a pretty good deal that I could not find anywhere else he has a 2015 FZ O7 for sale with 2500 miles on it! The price is $6300 compared to the 2016 FZ O7 it is $7,500 up towards $8,000 out the door. Does that sound like a deal anymore will take on this forum? I haven't had very much luck at any other motorcycles because they fall out of my price range and I have no credit currently established enough to get me a loan for any local and distant Banks. So give me your thoughts and opinions on this motorcycle so to give you a better description it is grey and black 2500 miles and completely bone stock from the pictures that I've seen. This bike hasn't been dropped or damaged at all and the person is trading it in for an FZ09 this is a one-time deal that I can check out the 23rd or 24th of this month and I want to come prepared

Also I forgot to add that the dealer has to inspect the bike before selling to me. The other good news is that I will be able to test ride this bike before I buy it as well to see if everything works towards my standards

• Premium Member

$6,300 out the door seems pretty good. 2,500 miles
is nothing. Try to get it for $5,500 out the door and maybe they'll meet you at six even! :)

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

and take it to an independent shop for a 'honest' eval. Not saying the dealer is of ill repute but they have an incentive to put the best spin on things.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

If you end up going for a dealer, I got my 2015 fz07 brand new in February this year for about $7050 OTD
I got mine from Simi Valley cycles
You could always call them and call others around and see who gives you the best deal OTD

Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to try the Simi Valley Cycles because I've noticed that they have some of the cheapest prices nearby but I've heard from many people that they also have some of the highest rates in Ventura County area. I will definitely be giving them a call in the morning and see what they can work out with me or even if they have any used ones that could meet even a better price for me I don't even care if it's brand new but as long as it has some more power for the freeway which is what I have currently move to and putting my 250 through the wringer. The dealership that's right otherwise have been calcoastmotorsports, Thousand Oaks Powersports, and Santa Barbara Motorsports each of them wants 7500 out the door which seems a bit expensive for me.

What are your recommendations? What would be the best way if I can to bring down the price on the current bike that I'm looking at? Also since it won't be till the 23rd I still a lot of time to go searching around for other bikes that might pop up in the area if you guys see any really good deals on a fz07 that keep it below $7k at the most DM me! I love to get my hands on some of Yamaha Best bikes and I'm ready to move up too! The hardest part is the waiting... then the credit lol ?

• Premium Member

Just for my own piece of mind I was happy to spend a bit of extra $$ for a brand new one off the floor, that way I could be sure someone hadnt beaten the crap out of it and traded it in thrashed.

I think you'll find better deals if you hunt around. IMO there's nothing special about that price.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

What are your recommendations? What would be the best way if I can to bring down the price on the current bike that I'm looking at? Also since it won't be till the 23rd I still a lot of time to go searching around for other bikes that might pop up in the area if you guys see any really good deals on a fz07 that keep it below $7k at the most DM me! I love to get my hands on some of Yamaha Best bikes and I'm ready to move up too! The hardest part is the waiting... then the credit lol ?
call up Simi Valley Cycles, call up Wheels in Motion, call up a bunch of others and see who will give you the best price OTD. You can get a 2015 or 2016 but the 2015 may be a little cheaper.  
In terms of credit, Yamaha financing sucks and may screw you on interest rates (and mess up your credit - it's a credit card they open in your name and it'll probably be close to maxed out. It isn't a secure loan like a car loan).
Since you have the time, check with the local Credit Unions or something if you're trying to get financing and see who gives you the best rates.

Last piece of advice, check out insurance rates since it may be higher on the FZ-07 so you're not surprised after purchasing.

best of luck, buddy

I get that and it makes sense, on the contrary the biggest problem is I don't have any establish credit I literally just started building credit for my 250 but I paid that off within 6 months, I could have had a truthfully paid off within 2 months.. Cal Coast almost had CBC Ventura Credit Union give me the loan for the motorcycle but because I don't have any credit that would allow them to feel safe to do so they declined me. Now the only way I got the 250 was I had a cosigner for a Kawasaki card. Currently I don't have anyone who could cosign for the motorcycle so it's all on me and I'm still really new to all this dealership mumbo jumbo I haven't been looped around the ringer because I won't let myself but in the same regards my biggest problem is that I don't have anybody who is capable of attaching me to their credit. Im 19 and out of my whole family, i'm the only one who has paid something off. That's the only reason why I'm having such a problem otherwise I would be more than willing to get a new motorcycle but I'm trying to do this before winter sets in for many reasons, the motorcycle is my lifeline I don't have my car anymore I kind of just switched over because I feel more in tune with the world and happier!

call up Simi Valley Cycles, call up Wheels in Motion, call up a bunch of others and see who will give you the best price OTD. You can get a 2015 or 2016 but the 2015 may be a little cheaper.  
In terms of credit, Yamaha financing sucks and may screw you on interest rates (and mess up your credit - it's a credit card they open in your name and it'll probably be close to maxed out. It isn't a secure loan like a car loan).
Since you have the time, check with the local Credit Unions or something if you're trying to get financing and see who gives you the best rates.

Last piece of advice, check out insurance rates since it may be higher on the FZ-07 so you're not surprised after purchasing.

best of luck, buddy

The first thing I did was look at the insurance and see what it would be so I've already done a lot of my research in the area and I've called every dealership that I can the biggest problem again would be the bank loaning me the money. I have gone through probably 12 Banks already and that's specially the local ones! The local banks won't even consider me although they did offer me a $500 credit limit card which I might consider but currently that's just not what I am trying to do

• Premium Member

Credit unions usually give better interest rates than banks (from what I've seen/heard). check them out
Also, I hope all of these banks aren't running your credit (cause it can hurt it)

if you can pay off the ninja in 2.5 months (you bought new?) then it sounds like you don't have a cash flow problem, just a lack of savings problem. What if you punt on the bike till the end of the year and then come January you've got if not 50% equity to put down you've got nearly the whole amount.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

^ what he said
You could also get a cheaper used bike for the time being and save up some money. Later when you sell that bike (probably for the price that you get it for) and combine that with the money you saved, you can get that FZ 07.

Just be careful in your decision making with finances and credit and, if you need to, push off buying a new bike for the time being.

• Premium Member
The local banks won't even consider me although they did offer me a $500 credit limit card which I might consider but currently that's just not what I am trying to do
Get it anyway. Use it for things you'd usually pay cash for and pay it off every month to avoid interest. As long as you discipline yourself to never carry a balance and it's not some special card with an annual fee, it's a no lose situation.
Motorcycles are toys, lenders treat them as such and as a result, credit worthiness is a big deal. Unless you want to get screwed on interest, or be WAY over on debt to credit ratio (like was mentioned using the motorcycle branded card), which can hurt your overall score, save up and establish some credit so you can go through a bank with a decent down payment. You'll immediately get a break on interest even if the APR is higher as you won't have such a high balance to start with and if you pay more than the minimum like it sounds like you did on your current ride, you'll save even more, of course.

- Andy

Personally, it doesn't sound like a good deal to me. With that many miles the price should be lower. Have you checked it's actual (bank) worth on KBB? KBB is more than likely what your bank will be looking at to determine their decision on the loan but more importantly, it appears you have nothing to go by so KBB is a start. You can make your own determination from there. Maybe you can find one better priced a little outside your area, IDK. Good luck!

* I just checked KBB for what dealers in your area are asking for an 2015 FZ-07 in excellent condition (no miles mentioned) and they're going for $4985. That's retail so the actual worth has to be lower than that. Again, good luck!

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/yamaha/fz-07/2015/?pricetype=retail&categoryname=street%3a%20sport

Maybe with this info you can get that price down where it should be or close to it.

Beemer

Again, there's a WV seller advertising new bikes on eBay for $5995 OTD. Add $400 for HaulBikes.com and that's your reference.

What seller is that @timjh? Romney Cycles maybe? If you're in the mid-atlantic tri-state area, it's always worth it to give those guys a serious look.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived