The MT-07 Forum

CRG Hindsight LS Review

Beemer

I just recently bought some CRG Hindsight LS mirrors because I couldn't see enough in my old mirrors and I had a few instances where I forgot to check over my shoulder and almost ran into a car. That had to end. These are convex mirrors so I get the wide view I wanted, they fold in, they're fairly small (3") and they're high quality. They use the same high quality glass that's generally used in car mirrors. They have a wide field of view so I only have to turn my head to look directly beside me to check for anything which is almost unnecessary since I can see the front end of a car in my mirror when it's about even with my rear tire. Everything in the mirrors is pretty clear also and what I like best about the CRG's is if a part breaks, EG: the glass, you can order individual parts instead of having to buy a whole new set of mirrors. That alone almost makes it worth the premium price and they do look damn good, too!

[attachment id=2191" thumbnail="1] 
[attachment id=2194" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=2195" thumbnail="1] <<< FREE pic of sunset here yesterday. :o Awesome dude!

Beemer

Saw this thread and thought I put it out there. I have one of these mirrors for sale. Brand new CRG HS LS mirror. $70 shipped for anyone interested. Great mirror, I have them on my supersport. Was going to put one on the fz but I have handguards that won't allow that.

Greatness

Saw this thread and thought I put it out there. I have one of these mirrors for sale. Brand new CRG HS LS mirror. $70 shipped for anyone interested. Great mirror, I have them on my supersport. Was going to put one on the fz but I have handguards that won't allow that.
What kinda handguards? I have barkbuster VPS hand Guards, and my crgs work fine.
03c2a2c1802b6b6ffdf058a07e23dd00.jpg

And nice pics @beemer! Glad you went with the crgs. They are for sure some nice mirrors.

What kinda handguards? I have barkbuster VPS hand Guards, and my crgs work fine. 03c2a2c1802b6b6ffdf058a07e23dd00.jpg

And nice pics @beemer! Glad you went with the crgs. They are for sure some nice mirrors.

I got the SW MOTECH. I also don't have aftermarket handlebars. I see in your picture you are using part of the handlebars to mount the mirrors. On the stock handlebars that is not possible. You have to use an adapter but can't if you have something else connected to your bar ends i.e handguards.

Greatness

• Premium Member

That concave action is a nice option to have.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

What kinda handguards? I have barkbuster VPS hand Guards, and my crgs work fine. 03c2a2c1802b6b6ffdf058a07e23dd00.jpg

I got the SW MOTECH. I also don't have aftermarket handlebars. I see in your picture you are using part of the handlebars to mount the mirrors. On the stock handlebars that is not possible. You have to use an adapter but can't if you have something else connected to your bar ends i.e handguards.
They are like $60/$70 bucks. Ever thought about swapping bars?

Eventually I want to try the Renthal low.

Greatness

Do it! And keep your mirrors. Trust me. It's worth it

The Renthal bar ends are smaller. How did you mount your handguards on?

Greatness

The Renthal bar ends are smaller. How did you mount your handguards on?
I got the barkbusters back bone that only connects to the bar ends for a 7/8 handle bar.

suspiciouspackage

Don't mean to hijack the thread but it'll probably be useful for others if it happens to them.

I love these mirrors but if you torque the bolts that clamp to the bar(end), they strip. I'm pretty close to completely stripping mine. Might be because I'm using the RhinoMoto barends, who knows. But if anyone could find out the size of those two bolts, it'd really help. I know there's a set on bevelheaven but $15 for 4 screws is ridiculous when you could get them at a Lowes or Home Depot for a fraction of the price.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but it'll probably be useful for others if it happens to them. 
I love these mirrors but if you torque the bolts that clamp to the bar(end), they strip. I'm pretty close to completely stripping mine. Might be because I'm using the RhinoMoto barends, who knows. But if anyone could find out the size of those two bolts, it'd really help. I know there's a set on bevelheaven but $15 for 4 screws is ridiculous when you could get them at a Lowes or Home Depot for a fraction of the price.
If you want hardware Ace hardware is the place to go, they have more of what we would use. Take one of those screws to them and they'll match it up, they may have better made screws, too. 

Now, back to the review. 

Beemer

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

This is the exact setup I want... But I am not sure I understand if this would fit on the factory bars.

I have the factory bars and the same CRG LS mirrors, but mounted on the Rhinomoto barend adaptors. You have an aftermarket bar and the same mirrors. You have handguards into the bar ends using the adaptor from Barkbusters. Could that adaptor from barkbusters be used on the factory bar to mount the CRGs? Or does your setup only work because of your aftermarket bars?

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

This is the exact setup I want... But I am not sure I understand if this would fit on the factory bars. 
I have the factory bars and the same CRG LS mirrors, but mounted on the Rhinomoto barend adaptors. You have an aftermarket bar and the same mirrors. You have handguards into the bar ends using the adaptor from Barkbusters. Could that adaptor from barkbusters be used on the factory bar to mount the CRGs? Or does your setup only work because of your aftermarket bars?
I planned out my whole bar build before I bought anything. Everything I have works with the renthal bar.

Archived