The MT-07 Forum

Noise when decelerating

ds

Have any of you guys had a noise when decelerating? Sounds like a chain noise! It used to only make the noise when decelerating on highway speeds. Now it's more noticeable at local speeds when decelerating. Can it be the chain making noise? Thanks!

• Premium Member

Have you measured the chain slack yet? At the 600 mile service the dealer will tighten the chain, or you can do it yourself sooner.

Everything went braap.

Maybe i should get a better chain instead of the OEM one and switch them out right after i get the bike to avoid this issue?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• Global Moderator

The OEM chains are good, it just stretches the first couple of 100 miles. After that it settles in and you don't have to worry about it much. And yes, the can be noisy.

Checked it earlier today and is off by 0.30 of an inch! Haven't adjusted it yet. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the help.

My chain stretched quite a bit. I have 150 miles on her and it has about 3.5 inches of slack where it's supposed to be measured at 2 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjusted chain today and went for a ride.   Chain noise when decelerating is no longer there at any speeds. I mean there's going to be some noise but not a loud crackling noise.  Now I hear another noise that sounds like the same noise but only when accelerating.  I don't know if its my head that is the same noise or not.. :'(

Mine stretched to just over 3" of slack after only 500km on the bike.

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

Archived