The MT-07 Forum

Big guy on fz

effzeeohhdauummm

effzeeohhdauummm

I'm sorry if this has been covered 1000 times but I'm curious as to me being too big for the fz 07. I'm 6'3 and weigh 280 lbs and have somewhat of an athletic build (if that matters). I want this bike. I need this bike. Am I too big? I've only had cruisers so this type of motorcycle is new to me. It feels good sitting on it but I don't want to look ridiculous either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's either the fz 07 or the yamaha bolt but I really want the 07. Thanks guys.

you'll need to spend 80 for fork springs and an aftermarket shock (500-650) to compensate for the weight. but otherwise it'll do just fine, modulo the seat to peg distance. You'll probably want some combination of thicker seat (+1" of decently firm foam) and 'droop' style foot pegs.

Also since that was your first post, maybe use that 'search' box over on the right side of the page?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

effzeeohhdauummm

Thanks for the reply. I will look into those parts. I'm on my mobile and couldn't find the search function.

I'm 6'2" 240. this bike works well for me. the suspension could use an upgrade but it works. i liked it stock but i went with a slighty more aggressive riding position. i changed the handle bars for clip ons and changed my rearsets to adjustable ones. ive seen some big dudes on this bike and they didn't look funny.

• Premium Member

I'm 250# with gear. I liked the bike with stock suspension. Like it more now with my upgraded suspension and improved seat. And when you get your ecu flashed...mmmhmmm. I like me some FZ07.

yeah the bike is just fine stock, for big kids. Im 5'8 and 220-240 and im good. My bf is 290... lol but the bike gets the job done as stock.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Impressions are so strange in this day and age. Everyone at works rides gigantic cruisers and so they always make comments on my "kids bikes" a WR450F supermoto and this FZ07. I could honestly care less because they wash more than ride their slow ass bikes. I have a blast on my bike everyday, than again when I was coming up, Sportsters were "big bikes." Now its all baggers and even the street bike guys are all on liter bikes.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 5:16 PM, quapa said:

I'm 5' 10" and 230lbs. What are the chances I can wheelie the MT-07? Am I too heavy?

I'm 6'2" and 225. 1st and 2nd will wheelie on throttle alone. 3rd comes up at will with very little clutch work, and occasionally will pop up on throttle alone when cresting a hill. 4th gear also pops up unexpectedly while cresting hills as well. 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, quapa said:

I'm 5' 10" and 230lbs. What are the chances I can wheelie the MT-07? Am I too heavy?

You're not The Hulk nor Butter Bean so your chances are very good, I'd say. 😉 Extra weight can actually be used to your advantage by scooting back on the seat a little when you crack that throttle.

Beemer