The MT-07 Forum

More racks and luggage options

captainfz07

Guest 2wheeler

That provides a potential interesting twist for long range travel. Forget that goofy big bag - use the rack option in fig. 3 in combination with the SW-Motech/Yamaha sidebags and a Kriega US30 tailbag. Use the rearwardly extending rack for strapping your camping stuff (bag and tent) or whatever. It beats having to go vertical, or crazy sideways like those unsecured Kriega 20/30/20 combos.

You would also have a place to secure some type of locking cable to the Kriega to slow down the grab-and-run thieves.

The big unknown is whether the sidebags or their mounts will be an issue with those long bars that run from the rack to the passenger pegs.

• Premium Member

Coincidentally, I recently purchased the Ventura system for my other bike. Last night I got to installing it, if you're curious, although it's a different bike, feel free to ask any questions.

Fit and finish were great. The rack itself I believe is manufacture in NZ. Came with nice hardware and there were no issues in fitment. I took a leap on this feeling a last min panic on my upcoming camping trip this weekend and bought it w/o much knowledge. There wasn't much information out there on this bike anyways, no surprise there but I had an inkling that something was going to be altered due to how the rack bolts up to the OEM fender. The FE on the bike had to be removed because the angle of the bracket didn't allow for the crossbar bolt holes to line up properly. The plate is zip tied to said crossbar as an interim set up, license plate light had to be removed as well so no night riding for the time being. It can be mounted two ways, see the difference in the pictures, company notes say to only utilize the bar facing backwards if you're carrying cargo on the pillion seat. Otherwise, it's stronger to have the rack over the seat itself. Sorry for the cappy pictures and messy garage, last thing I expected was to have to share them. If you'd like to see more specific shots, lmk. 

9ap5ANN.jpg

Ki9I0gm.jpg

• Premium Member
@ch3rryghost Pictures look like they are down. Would love to see them!
Fixed, sorry about that. Uploaded to IMGUR

Im considering a passenger seat base replacment from swmotech and either a sissy bar bag or a dry spec dry bag. Ive had cortech saddle bags but i pack alot and i feel they put pressure on plastics, side cases are nice, expensive, but i worry becacause i lane split.
I would hate to buy brackets and then have a hard install because my fender elimination kit or fitment issues. I honestly think the more simple the set up the less headaches you get.

49662334_1300192_web_zpsjqm2irej.jpg

inline_web_2_zpssvvjepzz.jpg

SaddlemenBR3400EXPlain_Sissy-Bar-Bag-Back-Rest-6-1_zpsdoenwoxc.jpg

Thanks dude! That looks nice. 

• Premium Member
Im considering a passenger seat base replacment from swmotech and either a sissy bar bag or a dry spec dry bag. Ive had cortech saddle bags but i pack alot and i feel they put pressure on plastics, side cases are nice, expensive, but i worry becacause i lane split. I would hate to buy brackets and then have a hard install because my fender elimination kit or fitment issues. I honestly think the more simple the set up the less headaches you get.

49662334_1300192_web_zpsjqm2irej.jpg

inline_web_2_zpssvvjepzz.jpg

SaddlemenBR3400EXPlain_Sissy-Bar-Bag-Back-Rest-6-1_zpsdoenwoxc.jpg

What exactly is your intended use? Normal commute type cargo or longer, weekend type trips?

Thanks dude! That looks nice. 

But of course, thanks for letting me know they weren't showing up. They appeared fine for me

Just weekend trips, nothing serious i think 30 liters of cargo space is enough

• Premium Member

Okay! that's should be easy, I honestly wouldn't even worry about getting anything installed or replaced on the bike itself. For point of reference, here's the Kriega 30 on the back of a Speed Trip. The anchor hooks that come on the bag work perfectly w/ our loops.

IMG_0181.jpg

Okay! that's should be easy, I honestly wouldn't even worry about getting anything installed or replaced on the bike itself. For point of reference, here's the Kriega 30 on the back of a Speed Trip. The anchor hooks that come on the bag work perfectly w/ our loops.  
IMG_0181.jpg

I like these dry bags, what stood out for me with dryspec is they hold their shape empty, i like the saddleman cruser style because they are narrow and dont stick out, with straps to attach to passenger seat since our bikes dont have a sissybar, also makes a great back rest ?

I have the Hepco & Becker C-Bow system on mine and love it.

I was thinking of that system, how is the clearance when you split lanes between cars?

Elvishpresley
I have the Hepco & Becker C-Bow system on mine and love it.
I was thinking of that system, how is the clearance when you split lanes between cars?
Being in Oklahoma I can't legally split lanes nor would I dare due to self entitled drivers here. Nice thing about the system though is with a single turn of a key you can ride with 2/1/none bags on the bike.  
I would say the bags stick out just a little farther than the stock mirrors.

I will try to get a pic of it for reference on my bike this evening. 

Being in Oklahoma I can't legally split lanes nor would I dare due to self entitled drivers here. Nice thing about the system though is with a single turn of a key you can ride with 2/1/none bags on the bike.  
I would say the bags stick out just a little farther than the stock mirrors.

I will try to get a pic of it for reference on my bike this evening. 

Okay thanks, can you included pic of how brackets are mounted under the tail of the bike? Do you have a fender elimination or stock tail assembly?

Elvishpresley

The rear attachment point does require cutting into the plastics a bit to accommodate the bolt. Worth it IMHO

Stock fender but I have looked and think it will still work with an eliminator especially if you used an integrated tail light. I have seen these bags on an 07 on youtube with the yoshi eliminator and led signals.

[attachment id=2210" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2209" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2208" thumbnail="1]

Archived