The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha FZ-07R Windscreen

enupe

• Premium Member

I read the following article on the Yamaha FZ-07R http://www.sportrider.com/yamahas-street-based-fz-07-could-have-potential-race-success-with-specially-designed-track-kit#page-10.
I love the windscreen that's was being used on this bike. Is there a way that a windscreen of that exact same design and aerodynamic properties can be developed for us FZ-07 naked street bike riders. That windscreen is awesome and would look great on the street and I would especially like it on my.

It was based off of a 2015 r1 windscreen which compliments the nose piece of the front fairing. I have no idea how a windscreen for a sport bike would fit or even look right on a naked bike, but I guess you can always try

• Premium Member

@jchin3081 ok I didn't know that it was the R1 windscreen. But yes at this point it wouldn't fit. What I am getting at is could it be redesigned to fit an FZ-07?

• Premium Member

One of my winter projects is to build a nose fairing with windscreen and keep the rest of the bike naked. The main goal would be to reduce wind drag from the rider.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived