The MT-07 Forum

You think your roads are bad?

Guest ChicagoAJ

Guest ChicagoAJ

Bit the bullet and ordered a new rim and axle nut (just in case). Got both from Partzilla for 285.xx. Going to remove my rear wheel this weekend and pop off the brake rotor and sprocket carrier/dampers.

The shop I'm bringing it to will have to order new bearings and seals and hopefully be able to reuse all the spacers, then just swap over the tire (if it's not damaged as well) and balance it.

PITA.

In other news, anyone want to buy a slightly bent blurple rear wheel? Still rides fine, hahaha. 

• 2 weeks later...
Finally all put back together after almost a couple weeks and nearly $500 bucks later.  
t5sqyg.jpg
Do you ride with the owners of the other bikes? If so, what do think of your FZ-07?

Beemer

Guest ChicagoAJ
Finally all put back together after almost a couple weeks and nearly $500 bucks later.  
t5sqyg.jpg
Do you ride with the owners of the other bikes? If so, what do think of your FZ-07?
Nah, we all work different shifts. I work 2pm-10pm normally. They work between 8am-6pm, so we only get to talk - not ride together. But both of them have told me they really, really like the blurple color. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

Ended up selling my bent wheel on eBay for $152.50!!! Hoping to get a check from the county too, I've received a few calls and sent a couple emails. Fingers crossed!

pineappleunderthesea
Ended up selling my bent wheel on eBay for $152.50!!! Hoping to get a check from the county too, I've received a few calls and sent a couple emails. Fingers crossed!
Hope it works out for you, city officlals suck.  Where I live, you basically have to prove that the city was "negligent" in fixing the pothole, and the only way to prove that is for the city to admit several people reported the pothole and the city did nothing.  But if you're the first to report it, well, too bad for you.  I found this out the hard way when I hit the mother of all potholes (driving my car) and bent 2 wheels.  Thankfully these were winter wheels so the expense was minimal.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Hope it works out for you, city officlals suck.  Where I live, you basically have to prove that the city was "negligent" in fixing the pothole, and the only way to prove that is for the city to admit several people reported the pothole and the city did nothing.  But if you're the first to report it, well, too bad for you.  I found this out the hard way when I hit the mother of all potholes (driving my car) and bent 2 wheels.  Thankfully these were winter wheels so the expense was minimal.
Yup, that's the way it works in my county as well. I wasn't the first to report to and a couple weeks after I hit it, the whole area was patched. Just waiting to hear back. 

Crikie! Was it this pothole?! 

It wasn't even a pothole. It was a huge buckle right where asphalt meets concrete. A sharp, protruding bump. 

I get to enjoy a couple dozen of these a day on my commute up and down Lake Shore Drive. Makes me realize this bikes suspension is not well suited for them. Now I'm worried this will happen to me.

Guest ChicagoAJ
It wasn't even a pothole. It was a huge buckle right where asphalt meets concrete. A sharp, protruding bump. 
I get to enjoy a couple dozen of these a day on my commute up and down Lake Shore Drive. Makes me realize this bikes suspension is not well suited for them. Now I'm worried this will happen to me.
Hope not, it's not the first post I've seen on here about a bent wheel though. 

Archived