The MT-07 Forum

Ride to "The Dam"

gregjet

Joined a local spirited riding group for the first time since I have lived in this town. They went for a ride out to what is very affectionately known as The Dam. The closest thing to a twisty road we have. Lots of highish speed corners and up and down ( and up and down and corners... read blind tight cornering crests). reasonably bumpy in parts. Had a ball. No mountains in this part of the world.
Big range of bikes from 250 sports bikes to 1400 road sport.
On the way home I left a bit after a group that included a Triumph Daytona 675R and a Honda CBR 600 and a CBR500R ( dead stock except tyres). Was extremely satisfying to slide past the 2 former without having to do anything un toward on a big dipping curve. Couldn't catch the 500 though. I think he actually knows the road.
Soo much fun to push it a bit . Haven't done it for ages.
Did I mention the the 07 is REALLY fun to ride. I mean REALLY. ( Very glad I have fixed my suspension though.) Not as good as a track but good.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

Come stateside... we'll rent you an fz and we can all go hit up norcal

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Joined a local spirited riding group for the first time since I have lived in this town. They went for a ride out to what is very affectionately known as The Dam. The closest thing to a twisty road we have. Lots of highish speed corners and up and down ( and up and down and corners... read blind tight cornering crests). reasonably bumpy in parts. Had a ball. No mountains in this part of the world. Big range of bikes from 250 sports bikes to 1400 road sport.
On the way home I left a bit after a group that included a Triumph Daytona 675R and a Honda CBR 600 and a CBR500R ( dead stock except tyres). Was extremely satisfying to slide past the 2 former without having to do anything un toward on a big dipping curve. Couldn't catch the 500 though. I think he actually knows the road.
Soo much fun to push it a bit . Haven't done it for ages.
Did I mention the the 07 is REALLY fun to ride. I mean REALLY. ( Very glad I have fixed my suspension though.) Not as good as a track but good.

It almost sounds like sunny, flat, Florida so I feel your pain. Maybe this will help: 

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-australia-/queensland--___21574.html

I know it would be more of a weekend trip because it's far away from you but that Budawang National Park looks pretty nice .... and hilly!

Beemer

It's not as flat a Florida ( or MOST of very inland Australia), but my girlfriend comes from Cairns which sits up against a whole set of mountains and a tableland with awesome rainforrest twisty roads and I used to live at the base of a mountain in Townsville with a VERY twisty road up it, so we were spoilt. Motorcycles aside, when we moved here, the thing we missed was the mountain views. We are also MTB riders and there are no real climbs here either. Where we ride is lumpy enough for fun riding but out biggest single climg is 155m.

Budawang is more of a weeks ride away and back.

Archived