The MT-07 Forum

A FZ07.ORG First

Guest 2wheeler

Guest 2wheeler

OK, with a title like "A FZ07.ORG First", this better be a good one... it is!

So I was over at Matt's place (pattonme), having him do work on my forks. I went to show him how well the Stop-and-Go Plug kit fit under the passenger's seat. I pulled off the seat and got a heck of a surprise!

In the back portion of that compartment was a full-on mouse nest complete with bunches of fur and tore up paper towels. The only thing missing was the freaking mouse. We are talking a serious WTF moment. Matt sure as heck had a good laugh over it!

Obviously I am not riding my bike enough! Unfortunately the best cure to keep the mice from coming back is going to make my FZ smell a little funky for a while - mothballs.

BTW, for those of you who haven't met Matt before, he is a heck of a nice guy, a very good mechanic, and has a well setup shop to do his suspension wonders.

I dunno... we already had a member have a mouse food cache in his airbox. And he had pics... speaking of which, where are yours? Hmmm?  ;)

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator
Do you know where is he located. He is great with suspension. If he is close by he will be able to help me configure mine.
Pattome is in the Washington DC Area believe

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest 2wheeler

OK, sorry about that with the pic. Pattonme mentioned that after I had half the crap thrown out. By then, a pic would not have had the WOW factor so I bagged on it. Plus I don't have a premium membership which I believe is the only way you can post pics directly from your PC. I don't/won't have any special app/cloud based way to upload pics.

What I did do is go to the local hardware store, got a box of mothballs, and rigged a little pouch of them which is stuffed under my seat. Crap, my bike is going to smell old, and with me in my late 50's, that's setting myself up big time!!!  LOL

In case nobody ever heard this before, mothballs are the bomb for getting rid of critters from places you don't want them. I was talking to an exterminator about a rabbit problem that was getting sorta crazy (it's true what they say about rabbits). He told me that literally all animals including reptiles hate the smell of mothballs, and will vacate immediately. I tried it with the rabbits, and they were gone!

Archived