The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Valve clearance specs

jbird

do you feel lucky?
Yes I do Rick, mines for sale!!! Want it?
You should own a BMW cause they're corporate model expects owners to trade for new every 3 years.  

• 2 months later...

I just checked my valve clearances at 24000 and the exhaust valves were all tight so I'm getting those adjusted next week. Intakes were all within spec. Biggest pain was getting the valve cover gasket back in place. Is there a trick to do this without the hassle? Tight exhaust valves are common in the 09s from reading their forums as well

Is this gasket a flat piece of rubber with a ridge that sits in a slot in the cover? Sorta forming an inverted T shape?

There's a gasket goo called Hylomar that never really sets up very hard. You can use a few dabs of this stuff in the slot at the corners and strategically wherever your hands can't be to help hold the gasket in place. Another way is to try using some sticky grease in the slot in the cover..

The front valve cover on my Aprila's Rotax is well buried in the frame and can be a royal pita to keep the gasket in place.

Is this gasket a flat piece of rubber with a ridge that sits in a slot in the cover? Sorta forming an inverted T shape?  
There's a gasket goo called Hylomar that never really sets up very hard. You can use a few dabs of this stuff in the slot at the corners and strategically wherever your hands can't be to help hold the gasket in place. Another way is to try using some sticky grease in the slot in the cover..

The front valve cover on my Aprila's Rotax is well buried in the frame and can be a royal pita to keep the gasket in place.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Archived