The MT-07 Forum

Long Island Rides / Parts Install Help / Maintenance Help

weazsel

• Premium Member

Anybody here live on Long Island? I'm in Suffolk County close to Stony Brook University. I wanted to get a thread going so we have a central place to set up some rides or if anyone needs local help installing trick parts or maintenance stuff.

I love riding and I love working on my bike. I can reseach and talk about it until my fucking eyes bleed. I've done a decent amount of mods so I also have a little experience and help to offer.  :)

It would be cool if could get together a little FZ-07 posse (other bikes are welcome too!) and get some sweet rides in.  8-)  If we get big enough we can even get some leather vests with patches and start dabbling in organized crime.  (rofl)

THEN after we're organized we can hit up the NYC bros... then the NJ & CT bros... then after the proper hierarchy and order is in place WE CAN TAKE OVER THE WORLD. 

I think I've watched too much Sons of Anarchy.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

mediocrebobcat

NYC bro here. Even have a patch on my jacket. So nefarious.

Next year, I may need help installing an exhaust. I hear it's not too hard, but as an NYC bro my toolkit and work area are all space constrained.

That's distant future though. In the mean time, I'd be down to find about the best LI biking routes vi an awesome group ride. I've done Connecticut, Bear, Jersey, and PA, but nothing in LI really past Hicksville.

• Premium Member

Yeah for sure man I can help with an exhaust install whenever you get it.

As for a Long Island ride I love the "North Shore Tour" which is route 25a the whole way from Glen Cove/Bayville heading East to Port Jefferson and more if you wanted. Such a nice ride with great views, food and some delicious twisties. I've done it both ways a few times and always like it. I'd like to head West your way too to check out Bear, CT and places like that.

Last month I rode from Port Jefferson to Orient Point then hopped on the ferry to CT / Mohegan Sun. That was a blast.

...and then there were two! :)

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

hugson2wheels

Hey weazsel.... I live in Bethpage LI.... Good idea brominator. I have a friend of mine also looking for people to ride with even though he's on a Ducati. So far I've done Achra exhaust, crg bar end mirrors and break /clutch levers, puig short windscreen. Next up will be ecu flash, intake, led headlamp and some sliders.

PS.... No leather vests please lmao :P

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• Premium Member
Hey weazsel.... I live in Bethpage LI.... Good idea brominator. I have a friend of mine also looking for people to ride with even though he's on a Ducati. So far I've done Achra exhaust, crg bar end mirrors and break /clutch levers, puig short windscreen. Next up will be ecu flash, intake, led headlamp and some sliders. 

PS.... No leather vests please lmao :P

Hey what's up man! Nice! Welcome! Bethpage is definitely close! 
Yeah the more the merrier. All bikes are cool.

No vests? Can we at least have a couple patches?  (rofl)

Yay, Astoria rider here! Once I get my bike I'll for sure contact you guys! :) would like to explote all around! Safe riding!

Safe riding!

cookfreeordie89

Whats up guys, Smithtown checking in. The 25a route is definitely a nice ride. I am a chef if port jeff, so you guys are always welcome and plenty of free parking. I'd drff would be down for a nice group ride

• Premium Member
Yay, Astoria rider here! Once I get my bike I'll for sure contact you guys! :) would like to explore all around! Safe riding!
Sweet! What are you getting (color/new/used?) and when do you plan on getting it? 

Whats up guys, Smithtown checking in. The 25a route is definitely a nice ride. I am a chef if port jeff, so you guys are always welcome and plenty of free parking. I'd drff would be down for a nice group ride
Nice! Where are you a chef? I'm usually in Port Jeff riding at least 2-3 times a month. I cut through to get to the baby twisties on the North Shore.  8-)  You have to be careful and watch out for the pokemaster zombies blindly walking around there now.  (rofl)  
Alright this is great! Pending the weather of course we should all get a ride or a meet together within the next month or so.

I'm off most weekends and home ready to ride usually by 6pm on week nights.

hugson2wheels

Lol.... Omg yeah bro.. Flippin Pokémon zombies all over.... Last night some chic blew a stop sign and then decided to stop in the middle of Hempstead turnpike... I broke so hard locked up the rear and the front dove like an Olympic swimmer and I had to swerve not to end up on the hood... Great control on my part I must say lol... About a foot separated me from having a really bad night, it was a close one. She just took off didn't even bother to say sorry. Of course I gave her the customary finger lol

hugson2wheels

Looks like we got a nice little group here... We should definitely set something up.... Maybe grab some food after and chill.

Yay, got my FZ-07 stolen 2 weeks ago - the one on my profile picture. Looking forward to get it again, asap... It depends on the insurance company. It'll be unique, for sure you'll recognise it, hehe. I'll post it once I have it!

Safe riding!

hugson2wheels

Oh snap sorry about that..... Where.... Which area was it taken from. You never know... If I see it I'll side kick him off the bike lol

Oh snap sorry about that..... Where.... Which area was it taken from. You never know... If I see it I'll side kick him off the bike lol

Flushing... :S maybe the only full black Termi around... Thx, Bro! ;)

Safe riding!

hugson2wheels

Again sorry to hear that. People are dirt bags. Thankfully you're covered. Now that I think about it I wonder if I can insure all the extras I have on my bike.

• Premium Member

Good point. Glad you guys brought that to my attention. I don't know about Dairyland but any additional value added there's a good chance the premium would go up. Probably not by much. I'm going to check into it as well today.

• 2 weeks later...
cookfreeordie89
Yay, Astoria rider here! Once I get my bike I'll for sure contact you guys! :) would like to explore all around! Safe riding!
Sweet! What are you getting (color/new/used?) and when do you plan on getting it? 

Nice! Where are you a chef? I'm usually in Port Jeff riding at least 2-3 times a month. I cut through to get to the baby twisties on the North Shore.  8-)  You have to be careful and watch out for the pokemaster zombies blindly walking around there now.  (rofl)  
Alright this is great! Pending the weather of course we should all get a ride or a meet together within the next month or so.

I'm off most weekends and home ready to ride usually by 6pm on week nights.

I'm the chef for Old Fields, in port Jeff and in Greenlawn. Now that school is starting, the poke hoard is at bay,lol.

cookfreeordie89

Anyone here recommend a good welding shop. I bought a second hand power comander, and auto tune, and I have to weld on a adapter for the o2 sensor. Anyone do this install before? Anything I should look out for?

• Premium Member

I don't know of any but I can ask around for you!

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Hey Weazsel, from Queens here would love to join up for a group ride here on a weekend or so.

Cookfreeordie, a couple of years ago I went to this place https://g.co/kgs/DdFnqf and had my aftermarket muffler put on.
These guys are awesome, if you're not to far I would recommend you stop by and talk with them.
Personally I am looking to get a flash on my bike this winter during the down time.
Let me know how it turns out.

Thx

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_5337.jpg

This is the baby at the moment! Pending to install, the Leon Splashguard & my SC Project when it arrives.
Next week I'll add the OES sliding bars & Rizoma bar-end mirrors. :) weazsel, how about a future install in Astoria, Queens - I invite to a lunch or sth? Hehehe, for the exhaust pipe & the Leon rear splashguard, :P.

Btw, considering riding from Queens to Montauk this Sunday, anyone?

Safe riding!

• Premium Member
IMG_5337.jpg

This is the baby at the moment! Pending to install, the Leon Splashguard & my SC Project when it arrives.
Next week I'll add the OES sliding bars & Rizoma bar-end mirrors. :) weazsel, how about a future install in Astoria, Queens - I invite to a lunch or sth? Hehehe, for the exhaust pipe & the Leon rear splashguard, :P.

Btw, considering riding from Queens to Montauk this Sunday, anyone?
Niceee welcome back!!! Let me know when you get your goodies. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!! Had everything installed today, hehe. Woke up early and felt confident after some youtube videos & other research, ;).
Anyone up for some riding this Wed or Thurs? I thought about Long Island or Bear Mountain!

Safe riding!

Archived