The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Model Question

Guest 2wheeler

Guest 2wheeler

So I have decided to swap out that long skinny side panel from the silver on my bike to the matte black one on the 2016 armor gray model. My problem is that I can't easily find the model designation for the armor gray model with the lime green wheels. The parts guy at my LBS is an idiot, and was no help. Any of you folks know what that bike is or better yet, what the part number for the matte black panel is?

Thanks

Armor Grey is BNS4 (FZ07GGY)

And if you mean the silver leg guard above the rearset (number 45 on the diagram)
ya0415026037.gif
and you want the black ones, they are:

Cover 1 UR FOR BNS4
part # 1WS-27453-10-00

Cover 2 UR FOR BNS4
part # 1WS-27463-10-00

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

You can also get the heel-guard and bracket([HASH]30 & [HASH]25) in black from that model as well

Plate 1 Yamaha item: 1WS-27445-10-00
Plate 2 Yamaha item: 1WS-27446-10-00

Bracket 2 Yamaha item: 1WS-27442-10-00
Bracket 3 Yamaha item: 1WS-27443-10-00

I'm going to check local quotes for powdercoating my parts before I spend $100-$200 on oem black ones 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

Got a question before I bugger something up...

In that Yamaha parts sheet above, how do you remove the cap [HASH]52 that goes on the end of the side panel [HASH]45? It sorta looks like you will need to rotate it to align with what appears to be slots in the panel, but I just don't know.

Any ideas?

Got a question before I bugger something up... 
In that Yamaha parts sheet above, how do you remove the cap [HASH]52 that goes on the end of the side panel [HASH]45? It sorta looks like you will need to rotate it to align with what appears to be slots in the panel, but I just don't know.

Any ideas?

Judging by the pic, it looks to be either slotted as you say or it's snap on. I don't see anything else it could be so one of those should work.

Beemer

The cap is attached with both double stick tape and 2 tabs. The plastic is very soft. Removing the cap foresees a more than 50% chance the tabs will break. The double stick tape is the hard part, you have to gradually pry off the cap from a section of the circle, moving around the circle until the tape releases.

I basically said **** it after I broke off one tab and just brute forced it off and broke off all the tabs during the process. I used automotive double stick tape (definitely pick up a roll at your automotive store- it comes in handy) to re-adhere the caps.  Automotive double stick tape is all you need really.  Those tabs were more or less for alignment/centering. 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

othgbronco82
The cap is attached with both double stick tape and 2 tabs. The plastic is very soft. Removing the cap foresees a more than 50% chance the tabs will break. The double stick tape is the hard part, you have to gradually pry off the cap from a section of the circle, moving around the circle until the tape releases. 
I basically said **** it after I broke off one tab and just brute forced it off and broke off all the tabs during the process. I used automotive double stick tape (definitely pick up a roll at your automotive store- it comes in handy) to re-adhere the caps.  Automotive double stick tape is all you need really.  Those tabs were more or less for alignment/centering. 

The caps are also about $13-20 a piece with the sticky tape on it already. I know because I bought one today and may have to buy another one if I can't get this one off in one piece. I'm already going to have to replace the side cover since the damn bolt broke off in the hole and my drill bit decided to walk and absolutely buttf**k the cover. I just got them back from powder coating too. >:D

Archived