The MT-07 Forum

Akro help and ?s Please

3nickles

So I'm looking to purchase an Akro exhaust for my '16 FZ-07

Have a few ?s for the experts

1) what's the difference between Akro Carbon and Titanium? Are there differences in sound, or price?

2) what's the cheapest place online to order Akropovic exhaust?

Thanks in advance!!!

AlbatrossCafe

There was a thread on this like 2 days ago. There are threads about it everywhere. All the information already exists. Just use the search.

http://fz07.org/thread/6182/akra-carbon-titanium

http://fz07.org/thread/994/akrapovic-exhaust-stage-titanium-carbon

You are asking "if there is a difference in price"? Come on man... you can find that out with a 60 second Google search. At least put in some effort on your own.

pineappleunderthesea

I liked the looks of the carbon better, so that's what I bought. The fact it's a couple hundred dollars cheaper also helped make that decision. From what I hear they almost sound the same.

Guest ChicagoAJ

The Akra Titanium is supposedly almost as quiet as stock with the db killer in. The Akra Carbon with the db killer hurts my ears on long rides if I don't use headphones or ear plugs. I didn't even make it out of parking lot without the db killer.

However, if you get the bike tuned - the Akra Ti makes more power than the Carbon by a few hp with the db killer out.

• Premium Member
The Akra Titanium is supposedly almost as quiet as stock with the db killer in. The Akra Carbon with the db killer hurts my ears on long rides if I don't use headphones or ear plugs. I didn't even make it out of parking lot without the db killer.  
However, if you get the bike tuned - the Akra Ti makes more power than the Carbon by a few hp with the db killer out.

Did someone say dyno tune with the Akropovic Titanium and db killer out?

:)

- Paulie

I liked the looks of the carbon better, so that's what I bought. The fact it's a couple hundred dollars cheaper also helped make that decision. From what I hear they almost sound the same.
Sorry to offend Sir. I'm not a noob when it comes to investigating via internet/google etc but my initial searches left me very confused. 
So thought I'd reach out to the experts...

Guest ChicagoAJ

[video src=https://youtu.be/CsrsZdobQnA]

- Paulie
Sounds and looks awesome. But... that must be a new rear tire, look at that chicken strip! :D 
What was your final hp number?

pineappleunderthesea
Sorry to offend Sir. I'm not a noob when it comes to investigating via internet/google etc but my initial searches left me very confused. 
So thought I'd reach out to the experts...
I think you quoted the wrong person...!

• Premium Member
[video src=https://youtu.be/CsrsZdobQnA]

- Paulie
Sounds and looks awesome. But... that must be a new rear tire, look at that chicken strip! :D 
What was your final hp number?
It IS a new tire!!!  What a story that is...(more on that later)

The final number was 1 HP more with the new air filter vs the previous filter I had :D

Don't want to get off topic...I'll post results in my build thread soon...

To the OP, @3nickles , the difference between the Akro Carbon and Titainium are:

Price - The Carbon version is less expensive

Sound - I've heard both in person, and while they do sound ever so slightly different, I don't think you will really be able to tell.  If the db killer is in, I recall the Carbon sounding slightly louder.  With the db killer out, they are both loud as F@$!, and both music to my ears :)

Weight - Ti is lighter than stock, but the Carbon is even lighter than that.

Power - I believe 2 wheel dyno works has said the Ti makes the best power, but I'm sure they are still close in this area.

Design - Carbon design is a shorty Carbon can, with different exhaust routing (it has a big loop in in).  The Ti can is specific to the FZ-07, as in, I don't think any other any other Ti can Akro makes looks like this (except the FZ-09 version witch is very similar).  I like the fact that they designed the Ti can from scratch and didn't just adopt a can they already make.  it's unique, and that's why I chose it.

Hope that helps...

- Paulie

Archived