The MT-07 Forum

Need tail bag

nmucat

Looking for a tail bag. I make some occasional quick trips to the store for small items, sometimes even lunch. Would like a small stylish tail bag to go in the bike. Any suggestions?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I'm still trying to figure out what will work for me. My cruisers' saddlebags have really spoiled me for storage. I have a backpack and use it sometimes but want a tailcase or bag. I also have to consider the presence of a tailbag will make it more difficult for me to throw a leg over.

There was some discussion of this very thing on this thread. 

Oops, I see everyone beat me to it!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I bought a couple of bungee cords and bungee a small bag I had to the nylon loops under the seats. For those of you as cheap as me it works great. Looks not so great, but works well and cost less than $5.

IMG_9244.jpg</a>'>IMG_9240.jpgIMG_9241.jpgcycle case got it at amazon for $39.95 free shipping. photo with my windscreen on and no windscreen, I think the bike looks so much better with it on.

IMG_9244.jpg</a>'>IMG_9240.jpgIMG_9241.jpgcycle case got it at amazon for $39.95 free shipping. photo with my windscreen on and no windscreen, I think the bike looks so much better with it on.
Look good with.......and without. How high is the wind hitting you with that windshield? 

cuts about 75% of the wind, hits the upper half of my helmet. got the screen on ebay I think I paid $130 for it.ive put about 700 miles on with the tail bag sits like a rock, never got loose. I put 3 qt of oil, oil filter, a can of chain wax and jacket liner still had more room.  I love it and for $39 why spend more?????????

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
cuts about 75% of the wind, hits the upper half of my helmet. got the screen on ebay I think I paid $130 for it.ive put about 700 miles on with the tail bag sits like a rock, never got loose. I put 3 qt of oil, oil filter, a can of chain wax and jacket liner still had more room.  I love it and for $39 why spend more?????????
This cycle case seems to be just what I'm looking for! I agree with you, it looks more balanced with the windscreen.

Thanks 

This cycle case seems to be just what I'm looking for! I agree with you, it looks more balanced with the windscreen.
Are you sure you can raise your leg above that case? 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just added the Ogio tail bag today. I installed the straps under the rear seat with a few zip ties. I'll update with more/ better pics soon.

8535df74b6ed1d42d4c0bc338b922776.jpg

6f7ed7432770876c2867bfc836c06196.jpg

Man those all look great, but I am pretty short, no way I could get my leg over the back with that on...I would have to mount the bike backwards, put the bag on, try to spin around...like a bad comedy movei

• Premium Member
Man those all look great, but I am pretty short, no way I could get my leg over the back with that on...I would have to mount the bike backwards, put the bag on, try to spin around...like a bad comedy movei

If you lean forward over the tank, I think you'll be fine. I'm short and with my saddlebags plus a loaded duffel strapped across the bike I don't have any issues after I developed a technique. The first couple times I did kick my luggage, but oh well.

Everything went braap.

Archived