The MT-07 Forum

Akra Carbon vs. Titanium

mikebomac

Torn between the 2. I have the Raven bike so the carbon will probably blend in better. Price wise its almost $200 difference. The titanium one tho is more sleek and cleaner for th bike.

Some say carbon is louder than the ti. Some say other wise.

Planning to run without the db so not worried about how loud the bike is.

Im sure there is a discussion about it somewhere. But can you guys help me out to make a final decision.

Thank you!

AlbatrossCafe

Carbon is lighter by a few pounds (which you probably won't notice). Titanium can theoretically get more HP with the right ECU flash (you also probably won't notice). Both sound similar. Really I think it just comes down to your budget and what you think looks better.

I actually prefer the look of the snail but most people prefer the TI I think. I agree though, go with whichever one you think looks the most badass.

I have the TI as well and love it, but there is really no noticeable difference between them besides looks. Whichever you think looks better is the right answer. :P

Quit dancing around people. Should have just made this a poll. I vote Ti. And its the one I bought.

Made it a poll. ??

Ok. Thank you guys. I ordered the TI. Cant wait to install it!

Looks like you made the right call, seems like people are having leaking issues with the carbon.

110fe41c52e2c7f7aaa60b5dd0055f8f.jpg

Ordered yesterday before 2pm. Luckily, there is a "las vegas warehouse" and my exhaust was delivered to the store the next day.

Cycle Gear came thru... Price matching Biohazards pricing.

Very happy camper. Easy to install. And its a totally new bike now.

virginiadave

Congrats! The exhaust makes all the difference. I don't think I would have kept this bike if I had to keep the OE exhaust. The sound is what puts this bike over the top. It just sounds soooo good with that Akra exhaust. Enjoy!

Is there any other benefit og akrapovic exhaust other than sound.

I heard it adds horsepower but dunno if one will noTice it.

AlbatrossCafe
Is there any other benefit og akrapovic exhaust other than sound. 
I heard it adds horsepower but dunno if one will noTice it.
It theoretically can improve MPG depending on if you tune it right and ride very carefully. It makes the bike lighter by about 13-15lbs and it does add HP. But you are correct, you will not notice it unless you are a hardcore racer. Most people do it for looks/sound (in which it is definitely worth it). 

Ordered yesterday before 2pm. Luckily, there is a "las vegas warehouse" and my exhaust was delivered to the store the next day.

PICS!!!  It was fun running it with the baffle for a while then, running it without the baffle.  It was intoxicating.  But I had the 2wdw tune, which probably made more of a difference to the bike than the exhaust did.

PICS!!!  It was fun running it with the baffle for a while then, running it without the baffle.  It was intoxicating.  But I had the 2wdw tune, which probably made more of a difference to the bike than the exhaust did.

Here you go guys! I love how it sounds. My friends thinks its a Harley coming down the street. Lol

74a2ea1f571e095f27299639555d20c0.jpg

I went with the titanium as i like how it looked and was mostly hidden. Best decision in my honest opinion i run mine with no db killer and it's awesome love the sound, if it does improve mpg I would never notice because I'm always in the throttle to hear it. The one thing i did was take the bright yellow sticker off before install.

Akra titanium no db killer, Vagabond rear fender eliminator, Cyclone LED headlight

Looking at your bike, I realized the only difference in the 2015 and 2016 models is the round, black cap in the side covers. The '15's have a silver round cap. Never caught that until now.  
Your bike looks sick! Have you thought about black powder coat for the side covers?

Thanks man. Definitely thinking about powder coating the rest of the silver parts... And also wanted to change the wheel color to something bright just to have some contrast. Still dont know what color yet.

I went with the titanium as i like how it looked and was mostly hidden. Best decision in my honest opinion i run mine with no db killer and it's awesome love the sound, if it does improve mpg I would never notice because I'm always in the throttle to hear it. The one thing i did was take the bright yellow sticker off before install.

Yes no db killer for me as well. Not a single video on youtube really gives justice on how this bike sounds in person with aftermarket exhaust

Archived