The MT-07 Forum

New Member/FZ-07 Owner, NorCal

bigwidowspeak

bigwidowspeak

Hey everyone,

Started lurking here a couple of weeks ago, signed up and posted for the first time in the pricing and offers thread when I got a costco quote. Happy to say I pulled the trigger and now own a 2016 FZ-07 in Raven! Dealership was about 90 miles away (K&B Motorsports of Petaluma), so I had a lot of time to get acquainted with the bike. Traded in my beloved Honda CBR250R 2013, which I bought used a few months ago after passing my MSF course. (Got back what I paid for it) Difference is night and day. I really liked my CBR, but after using it almost every day until now, I felt like there was something lacking.

I'm a short rider, (5'3") and I was a bit worried about a lot of things despite my raging lust for this bike.  The tons of additional power I'd gain, the height, the added weight, and just my inexperience to name a few. So far though, it feels really manageable. Not sure if I'd lower it based on the pros and cons I read about that here. Wind is definitely more intense, but not as bad as I was expecting. Glad I use earplugs though! I really like the sound even at stock, but it is a world of difference coming from a CBR250. Don't feel like I lost an ounce of agility on the bike either, it's nimble. I was worried about the throttle too considering the jump in power I made, but it is really smooth!

Not sure if I'll change anything about the bike yet, although I definitely have a shortlist of mods on standby :) I'm looking forward to breaking it in and taking it to the twisties. Some of you may see me zipping around the San Jose/Sunnyvale area. Happy to meet you all!

P.S - I have slight buyer's remorse after seeing the grey and blue in person, but my feelings on that color-way change daily. Haha.

Congrats and welcome if ur doing riding let me know. I'm over in San Mateo!
You still want these mirrors? I totally forgot

Congrats and welcome if ur doing riding let me know. I'm over in San Mateo!
You still want these mirrors? I totally forgot
lololol save it for the bac to sac run if u making a group bud 

ninjaiceberg
Hey everyone, 
Started lurking here a couple of weeks ago, signed up and posted for the first time in the pricing and offers thread when I got a costco quote. Happy to say I pulled the trigger and now own a 2016 FZ-07 in Raven! Dealership was about 90 miles away (K&B Motorsports of Petaluma), so I had a lot of time to get acquainted with the bike. Traded in my beloved Honda CBR250R 2013, which I bought used a few months ago after passing my MSF course. (Got back what I paid for it) Difference is night and day. I really liked my CBR, but after using it almost every day until now, I felt like there was something lacking.

I'm a short rider, (5'3") and I was a bit worried about a lot of things despite my raging lust for this bike.  The tons of additional power I'd gain, the height, the added weight, and just my inexperience to name a few. So far though, it feels really manageable. Not sure if I'd lower it based on the pros and cons I read about that here. Wind is definitely more intense, but not as bad as I was expecting. Glad I use earplugs though! I really like the sound even at stock, but it is a world of difference coming from a CBR250. Don't feel like I lost an ounce of agility on the bike either, it's nimble. I was worried about the throttle too considering the jump in power I made, but it is really smooth!

Not sure if I'll change anything about the bike yet, although I definitely have a shortlist of mods on standby :) I'm looking forward to breaking it in and taking it to the twisties. Some of you may see me zipping around the San Jose/Sunnyvale area. Happy to meet you all!

P.S - I have slight buyer's remorse after seeing the grey and blue in person, but my feelings on that color-way change daily. Haha.
Welcome. Maybe I'll see you around. I commute from San Jose to Palo Alto on 101 everyday. I'm on a liquid graphite bike. 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Congrats and welcome to the family/ community

SigSide.jpg

bigwidowspeak
Hey everyone, 

Welcome. Maybe I'll see you around. I commute from San Jose to Palo Alto on 101 everyday. I'm on a liquid graphite bike.

I may have seen you on the 101 last week. Saw a bike in that color scheme and tried giving chase! (Safely) Haha. I'm still waiting on my plates so if you see a raven FZ-07 with just a dealer name, that's me.

Archived