The MT-07 Forum

UPDATE**FZ-07 stolen! In Flushing, Queens, NY**

hamster

Hi guys,

Parked on the street with a Kryptonite disc lock, for 1 hour, my Armour Grey/Yellow disappeared... Calling 911...

Maple Ave., 20:00 last time I saw it... Full black Termignoni on it. License plate: 90TB23 (temporary one).

Thx for sharing!!!

Safe riding!

Dude that sucks, and just a month old with temp plates still. You have insurance with theft coverage by chance?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator

Shit dude... that sucks...
i'll keep my eyes peeled out here, but unlikely it will show up

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Hi,

Full coverage, accessories included (in theory), let's ask for the police report first then talk to the insurance... :S

Safe riding!

dentalprodigy

that blows. also post in the tri-state fz-07 facebook group. i'll keep a lookout on it.

currently in flushing, queens for a few more weeks. Any specific mods I should look for if I can't see the plates?

- Full black termignoni, maybe the only one in NY.
- Snake skin tank grip
- OEM radiator guard (it says FZ-07)
- Smoke Puig fly screen
- Tail tidy
- DMP integrated clear tail lights
- LED front headlight
- LED flushmounts from TST industries at the front

If you add the flashy rims that come with it, it must be a unicorn...

Oh, I have $1000 of deductible, but the rest should be covered, accessories included

Thanks again, FZ-07 family!

Safe riding!

that blows. also post in the tri-state fz-07 facebook group. i'll keep a lookout on it.

Sent a request to join! :) Thanks for the reminder!

Safe riding!

@hamster Oh man Flushing is my home! I live in LA now, but thats my old stomping grounds for years! Sorry to hear brother, Flushing can def be trouble at times if I learned anything.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

@hamster Oh man Flushing is my home! I live in LA now, but thats my old stomping grounds for years! Sorry to hear brother, Flushing can def be trouble at times if I learned anything.
Yeah, go4geoff, we'll see - I'm pretty confident that if it doesn't appear, the insurance will pay almost everything and I'll go for another FZ-07 again... 
I'll keep you updated!

Safe riding!

Hi guys, 
Parked on the street with a Kryptonite disc lock, for 1 hour, my Armour Grey/Yellow disappeared... Calling 911...

Maple Ave., 20:00 last time I saw it... Full black Termignoni on it. License plate: 90TB23 (temporary one).

Thx for sharing!!!

Post some pics! I shared this thread on the main fz-07 riders facebook group

OH MAN!!

And you had just posted in my thread when mine almost got stolen. you said you kept it a in a garage though, queens is my home also. guess you're not safe anywhere. these bikes are just too visually appealing.

I feel your pain man, keep ya head up

Yeah, just went for dinner for less than 1 hour and parked on the street... Mmhh... Parking, parking and parking...

And thx, Cruizin!

Safe riding!

• Premium Member

I know the feeling of this, I'm in Sunnyside and had a WR250X taken few years ago. Had paid it off and lowered my coverage with insurance to save some money, total lost. I even asked the cops writing the report what would be the possibility of them finding her again, they told me it was gone and they never find any. I now garage my bike all the time and when I need to keep her outside I chain her up no matter what. I hope they do find it but chances are they won't NYPD don't care to find bikes here, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Update: got the police report, hopefully will get the insurance payment soon! 2 months!! Geez!

Safe riding!

Update: got the police report, hopefully will get the insurance payment soon! 2 months!! Geez!
When did your insurance declare it a total loss? 
I just had my Grom stolen last Tuesday. I'm with Progressive and my rep mentioned they usually wait 3 to 4 weeks before claiming it a total loss.

I posted it in another thread, but I'll repost it here too. [/url]/r/Motorcycles had an Ex-Thief and Chop-Shop operator do an AMA a couple years ago. He was in New York too. This is WELL worth the read if you're someone that doesn't have a garage to park in.

Too many assholes out there taking things that aren't theirs. Sometimes I lie awake at night wondering if my Grom is thinking about me. Is it even still alive? Poor guy was only 6 months old. Only had the pipe on it for 2 weeks. :'( My FZ-07 is a blast... but the Grom is a whole other level of fun. My commute will never be the same again.

IgvWjyI.jpg

Sorry to hear that... I notified Dairyland/Sentry the same day, they just waited for every documentation and keys to be received in order to proceed with the payment. As the NYPD theft report takes 4-6 weeks to be received, this was the waiting time. They said however it's usually 1 month until they declare it "total loss"...

Today I sent the report and they got back to me requesting some physical copies of docs missing - a cheque will be emitted hopefully next week. Now I know my bike is moving  from garage to garage, and even then, get a good disc lock and chain if possible... this world is crazy... :S

P.D. Check your police report for mistakes - they included my exhaust pipe, but according to them it was $7 instead of $722... however my insurance took into account this difference.

Safe riding!

Fort Worth PD didn't take anywhere near level of detail for their report. So I'm not sure that I'll need to wait any amount of time for that.

I have a disc lock on my FZ, but I'd really like to by a Kryptonite anchor and a chain. That's what I needed for the Grom. Way too easy to pick up and throw in a truck/van.

• Premium Member

If economy would allow, I'd get the next chain, posted somewhere in this forum:

http://search.westechrigging.com/mod_search/?vwcatalog=yhst-88039420719426&query=Pewag+716&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

For locks, I'd go with Abloy locks, but again, these are expensive. But if you think about it... this really brings you peace of mind!

Safe riding!

• Premium Member

The best peace of mind you can have is thief coverage, not even a garage is safe anymore.
My garage was recently broken into and they took all of my tools, I have installed cameras now but not even those are a sure thing.

Oh, well, I agree. That is what I have, that is why I'm waiting for my cheque... This is what we riders have to live with... :S

Safe riding!

Archived