The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Fuel Bottle

enupe

• Premium Member

Who has a fuel bottle attached to your FZ-07s. If you do how do you have it mounted on you bikes. Could you attach some pics of how and where you chose to mount it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
I saw it on CaliEsv's gallery: 
http://fz07.org/thread/5182/caliesv-gallery

But the links on the thread are not working, but look for MSR bottle on Google - if CaliEsv could help us out, it'd be great! :)
I believe he is the only one besides @zombiephone
but hers is a jerrycan.. more or less

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Yes I saw caliesv's. That's where I got the idea. I just want to see how other's have been creative and mounted theirs as well.

I sent @enupe pics of my set up so far. I'm pretty sure people can come up with some fun places to put it. Maybe even under the tail with some metal straps. Or some where on the frame.

• Premium Member

I'm lame lol.. mine's in the saddlebag. I like these options though, free up some bag space.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I think I'm gonna order one and play with it. Figure out what works best for my bike.

I think I'm gonna order one and play with it. Figure out what works best for my bike.
Just FYI. The bottle and mount are 2 separate purchases. They didn't come together

Just FYI. The bottle and mount are 2 separate purchases. They didn't come together

It's been a minute good to see ya again!

It's been a minute good to see ya again!
Same to you! My life been a little on the crazy side these past few months! I been outta the loop on here ☺

• Global Moderator
Which size bottle did you get?

30floz

• Global Moderator
30floz
Damn... thats the one i was looking at...
might end up with a different manufacturer.
Ive seen some 1.5-2.5L bottles(50-89oz)
up on amazon was thinking those might work pretty well... nearly 1/4 tank with the 2.5l bottle

Still like the accent the MSR brings to the fz...

Grrr... typing this while on the verge of drunken bliss is not easy

30floz
Damn... thats the one i was looking at... might end up with a different manufacturer.
up on amazon was thinking those might work pretty well... nearly 1/4 tank with the 2.5l bottle

Haha! No texting and drinking. Lol jk. Yeah I hear ya. But then you got a huge bottle sticking out like a sore thumb. That's how I see it anyways. This, for me, should be enough gas to get me out of a sticky situation within the city limits. Or if I come across someone on the side of the road that needs gas. It's theirs.

• Global Moderator
Damn... thats the one i was looking at... might end up with a different manufacturer.

Haha! No texting and drinking. Lol jk. Yeah I hear ya. But then you got a huge bottle sticking out like a sore thumb. That's how I see it anyways. This, for me, should be enough gas to get me out of a sticky situation within the city limits. Or if I come across someone on the side of the road that needs gas. It's theirs.
Too true... and for 18 bucks... its not a bad gig

• Global Moderator
off/on topic, what do y'all think of this wacky thing?  
http://www.advpulse.com/adv-products/giant-loop-gas-bag/

i haven't read up on it, but it seems pretty low profile!

marty
Not bad but it's only certified for temporary use. The fuel bottle is designed as a more long term portable/emergency option. it states in the desc that fuel should be emptied from bag at endbof day...And $120 is a lot to spend for a piece of vinyl rubber

martyinaustin
off/on topic, what do y'all think of this wacky thing?  
http://www.advpulse.com/adv-products/giant-loop-gas-bag/

i haven't read up on it, but it seems pretty low profile!

marty
Not bad but it's only certified for temporary use. The fuel bottle is designed as a more long term portable/emergency option. it states in the desc that fuel should be emptied from bag at endbof day...And $120 is a lot to spend for a piece of vinyl rubber 

agreed.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@enupe that would actually look pretty awesome. Post photos when you're done.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Pretty much found the way that I will be mounting my fuel bottle.
That is the cleanest I've seen. Is that mount completely custom or is it available for purchase anywhere?

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Archived