The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Ebay/Amazon deals thread

Cruizin

Sweeps, could you send a picture of what you're describing? I also have this bag and it's tough to get everything aligned so the passenger seat clicks in.

When I have this Nelson-Rigg bag on, it's almost like having a little backrest. It's HUGE.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Sweeps, could you send a picture of what you're describing? I also have this bag and it's tough to get everything aligned so the passenger seat clicks in. 
When I have this Nelson-Rigg bag on, it's almost like having a little backrest. It's HUGE.

• Like 1

20170622_133225.jpg

20170622_133305.jpg

temporary photo sharing

• 1 month later...

I'm game for this awesome idea:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRELOAD-FRONT-FORK-BOLT-YAMAHA-FZ6-FZ6R-2016-2017-adjust-fork-caps-/253027777308?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
And before anyone says it's not for the fz-07...
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/detail/yamaha/1d0-23111-00-00/b1150586?m=157944&sch=953134
Considering this to decrease seat height/increase comfort and more importantly set sag on both ends correctly

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Radiator guard: http://www.ebay.com/itm/253104095557

This comes from Poland. I ordered it 8/26 and it showed up 9/5. Not bad speed considering it got stuck in the local post office for four days over Labor Day Weekend.

Reason I am posting it is not because it's a steal ( $79 + $14.99 shipping) ,but because it's very well made. I'm extremely picky when it comes to buying bolt-on parts ( for example, I think my SW Motech Blaze saddle bags are pretty pitiful). It covers the tanks as well as the fins, and top wraps around to nearly completely hide the radiator from view. The screening is very sturdy material and has correctly sized holes IMO. Many of the screens I saw had openings so large that I wouldn't trust it to stop small stones. A BB ( think pellet gun) won't pass through this screen. It fits well and doesn't require silly little strips of foam as it actually stands off a good distance from the radiator, which is good for added protection IMO. I can't see a screen laying directly against the radiator core doing much good if a decent sized rock smacks in to it. The powder coat finish is high quality- thick and even. The screen is riveted on ( with rivet washers,, as it should be), so it is easily replaceable if needed. Oh, and it's feather light.

Just my $0.02, I'm rarely ever satisfied with stuff like this, but this piece made me really happy.

• Like 2

Radiator guard: http://www.ebay.com/itm/253104095557 
This comes from Poland. I ordered it 8/26 and it showed up 9/5. Not bad speed considering it got stuck in the local post office for four days over Labor Day Weekend.

That's a nice-looking piece - WAY nicer than the R&G radiator guard (silver) that I have on my bike now.  I might have to consider upgrading.  Thanks for sharing.
Edit - incompatible with the Yamaha radiator end covers I already have though.

• Like 1

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

• Cruizin featured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Chinese version of the clear lens Euro turn signals. $13 and free shipping per pair. Looks to be a direct fit on mounting, but thead doesn't sound like it has the stock connectors. Two wire, do no running light feature. 

Curious if you could transplant your stock bulb socket into those housings...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turning-Signals-Front-Rear-For-Yamaha-MT-07-MT-09-MT-01-MT-25-MT-03/132315370011?hash=item1ece9c521b:g:9rwAAOSwgZ1XsbnH&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 3:17 AM, shinyribs said:

Chinese version of the clear lens Euro turn signals. $13 and free shipping per pair. Looks to be a direct fit on mounting, but thead doesn't sound like it has the stock connectors. Two wire, do no running light feature. 

Curious if you could transplant your stock bulb socket into those housings...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turning-Signals-Front-Rear-For-Yamaha-MT-07-MT-09-MT-01-MT-25-MT-03/132315370011?hash=item1ece9c521b:g:9rwAAOSwgZ1XsbnH&vxp=mtr

These showed up today. I ordered them the night I posted that link. The fit perfectly in to the stock mounts. The provided locking key with the eBay lights are actually nicer than the stock ones. The have a long shoulder that extends up inside and really firms up the mounting. Between lighter, shorter (leverage), the better locking key and overall firmer rubber....the wiggle much less than the stock lights. It's a no-go on transferring the stock sockets in to these housing. The stock sockets and bulbs are massive. They barely fit in the stock housings as it is. 

The only thing that looks even remotely "cheap" on these is the glue they used to fasten the clear lens to the inner reflective portion of the light. They seem well sealed, and have the same drains as the factory ones, but only time well tell if the glue holds. It's not horrible looking, but you can see the white line of glue around the perimiter of the lens, whereas the stock setup is clear. You really have to be looking for it to spot it, though. 

The come with a 10w bulb that seems only marginally dimmer than stock. I'm happy with them. Gonna go ahead and order another pair for the rear now. 

Easily replaceable, commonly available bulb. The socket is nice, sturdy and seems made of nice rubber. 

cnZZVKr.jpg

Size comparison and locking key differences. 

4UNMjPJ.jpg

On the bike (obviously..), sorry it's so washed out looking. 

Dgv4461.jpg

• 1 month later...

What looks like a VERY nicely made fender eliminator that readily accepts stock turn signals. For a "Buy it Now" of $32.37 shipped, or make offer. 

Hell, I offered $25 just to see what happens lol. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Eliminator-License-Holder-Light-Tail-Tidy-for-Yamaha-MT-FZ-07-13-17-RED/112356158581?fits=Model%3AFZ07&hash=item1a28f2ec75:g:tS8AAOSwCMFZ~8yh

Edit: They countered with $28. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Edited by shinyribs

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 5:55 PM, shinyribs said:

What looks like a VERY nicely made fender eliminator that readily accepts stock turn signals. For a "Buy it Now" of $32.37 shipped, or make offer. 

Hell, I offered $25 just to see what happens lol. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Eliminator-License-Holder-Light-Tail-Tidy-for-Yamaha-MT-FZ-07-13-17-RED/112356158581?fits=Model%3AFZ07&hash=item1a28f2ec75:g:tS8AAOSwCMFZ~8yh

Edit: They countered with $28. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

This showed up today, so delivery took about two weeks. That's reasonable. I'd highly recommend this to anyone in the market. All stainless hardware with nylon locking nuts. It fits the bike perfectly and leaves no gap in the undertail. It has the notch to support the tail light incorporated in to the tag light bracket, and the main mounting bracket has the hole for the pushpin to retain the undertail splash pan. Fit's like stock. The taglight is very bright and the stock signals fit perfectly. Basically, they hit a homerun.  For $28 I'm tickled to death. If I'd bought this from one of the mainstream brands ( Yoshi, R&G, etc,) and paid $75+ for it, I would feel like I got my money's worth. Honestly, I feel guilty that I haggled over the price at all. It's a really quality piece, and I'm a picky SOB. 

Also, you CAN use this in conjunction with SW Motech's AluRack setup. You have to shorten the spacers that come with the AluRack mounting kit, but the fender eliminator clears the rack nicely. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, shinyribs said:

This showed up today, so delivery took about two weeks. That's reasonable. I'd highly recommend this to anyone in the market. All stainless hardware with nylon locking nuts. It fits the bike perfectly and leaves no gap in the undertail. It has the notch to support the tail light incorporated in to the tag light bracket, and the main mounting bracket has the hole for the pushpin to retain the undertail splash pan. Fit's like stock. The taglight is very bright and the stock signals fit perfectly. Basically, they hit a homerun.  For $28 I'm tickled to death. If I'd bought this from one of the mainstream brands ( Yoshi, R&G, etc,) and paid $75+ for it, I would feel like I got my money's worth. Honestly, I feel guilty that I haggled over the price at all. It's a really quality piece, and I'm a picky SOB. 

Also, you CAN use this in conjunction with SW Motech's AluRack setup. You have to shorten the spacers that come with the AluRack mounting kit, but the fender eliminator clears the rack nicely. 

I like how it looks and according to your review, sounds like a great quality part. Too bad they are asking over $40 now, will try and send them a lower offer price. Would you know if aftermarket turn signals will work with this tail tidy. Thanks

29 minutes ago, Drulle said:

I like how it looks and according to your review, sounds like a great quality part. Too bad they are asking over $40 now, will try and send them a lower offer price. Would you know if aftermarket turn signals will work with this tail tidy. Thanks

Hey Drulle, 

For $40 I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again, but I hope you are able to get a better price if you can. I honestly felt a little guilty for lowballing the guy after seeing how nicely the bracket fit the bike. It's primo stuff.   As far as the aftermarket turn signals, the bracket is made to accept the stock signals, so any aftermarket piece that fits in the stock location will also fit in these. Good luck!

Edited by shinyribs

6 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Hey Drulle, 

For $40 I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again, but I hope you are able to get a better price if you can. I honestly felt a little guilty for lowballing the guy after seeing how nicely the bracket fit the bike. It's primo stuff.   As far as the aftermarket turn signals, the bracket is made to accept the stock signals, so any aftermarket piece that fits in the stock location will also fit in these. Good luck!

Perfect, thanks for your fast reply.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, Cruizin said:

Thats because everyone stopped buying it.  KN is still having issues with oil filters blowing out.

What brand are people purchasing now a days? 

24 minutes ago, JMPFZ07 said:

What brand are people purchasing now a days? 

OEM or Amsoil for me

Oem when I do not hace the amsoil filter.

Pick yer poison, Napa, Bosch, WIX all will do the job

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria