The MT-07 Forum

Sad day...

rowdy

That was one hell of an impact. Helmet is on the ground, makes me wonder if he didn't have it strapped or if the paramedics had removed it. Truly sad. Best wishes to his family.

Reminder for us to stay frosty and your head on a swivel. Also to remember Rowdy's message in his signature, holds true and was this mans downfall.

Side note, it looks like he had some sort of led device on the back of his helmet. Anyone know which it is? That looks like the smoothest application of leds on a helmet I've seen.

Very sad. Yesterday we just had another motorcyclist who got hit by a car and died on a main freeway here in the SF Bay Area.

pineappleunderthesea

I wonder if making automatic braking mandatory on all cars would help prevent this kind of accident, assuming the sensors can actually "see" a motorcycle. Whenever I see a car waiting to run in front of me, or waiting to pull out of a street or parking lots, I try to do a little swerve maneuver hoping that the "dancing" headlight catches the driver's field of vision...

I wonder if making automatic braking mandatory on all cars would help prevent this kind of accident, assuming the sensors can actually "see" a motorcycle. Whenever I see a car waiting to run in front of me, or waiting to pull out of a street or parking lots, I try to do a little swerve maneuver hoping that the "dancing" headlight catches the driver's field of vision...
That's what I do! worked so far. 
It works because the human eye sees lateral movement better than straight on.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

ninjaiceberg
Very sad. Yesterday we just had another motorcyclist who got hit by a car and died on a main freeway here in the SF Bay Area.
Heard that it was a biker afterwards. I was splitting through that traffic. Went down to one lane.

• Global Moderator

Was he someone on here?

This kind of thing is happeneing all too often
i witnessed a gsxr pass by me on the freeway a few days back only to see it a half our later wrecked on the side of the road with a dps car behind it
No clue what happened but i can assume clipped a car and went into the barrier

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

A shame. Cant let that fun over-ride one's better sense out there so listen to that little police man on your shoulder.
 Suit yourself up right and jam mutiple light sources all over that front end because everyone out there is a self absorbed jackass. ...like this irresponsible dumb C*#@ who was D&Ding.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

dentalprodigy
Samesies... like this ...  https://youtu.be/nrqBEw_N7ck?t=4m36s

Tragic. Very tragic. Sometimes there's no time to swerve or hit the brakes when they're a blink of an eye away from you and the best gear in the world won't make a difference so stay frosty out there! 

Beemer

I wonder what kind of gear he had on, surely being in town his speed wasn't that high. Makes me grateful my wreck wasn't much much worse.

I wonder what kind of gear he had on, surely being in town his speed wasn't that high. Makes me grateful my wreck wasn't much much worse.
How are you doing by the way? Last I heard you just got out of surgery.

How are you doing by the way? Last I heard you just got out of surgery.
It seemed like I was progressing well. I go to physical therapy 3 times a week and doing additional exercises at the YMCA pool with signs of improvement. But I have kind of plateaued. I went to the doctor 5 weeks ago and there was no signs of healing, I go back on the 11th to see if I need to have the surgery redone and get a bone graft.  I was going to update my thread after I find out if I am healing or not.

copamundial

Update on this accident with some details.

Motorcycle was headed south, car headed north turned left across his path.
Looking at the photos in the news stories, she was trying to turn left into KFC parking lot.

Bike rider was local, from Sandy, UT.

Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence
http://gephardtdaily.com/local/breaking-motorcyclist-killed-in-highland-drive-crash/
http://www.sltrib.com/home/4198927-155/woman-arrested-for-dui-in-fatal

2015 FZ-07 White: Penske 8900E shock & spring, Spiegler Stainless brake lines, Woodcraft clip-ons, engine guards and frame sliders.

Drinking, Texting, or just generally doing anything but paying attention while driving a multi-ton object down the road. I don't know how, but I still get amazed by what I see other drivers doing.

• Premium Member
Tragic. Very tragic. Sometimes there's no time to swerve or hit the brakes when they're a blink of an eye away from you and the best gear in the world won't make a difference so stay frosty out there! 
Yep.  Sometimes there is just nothing you can do!  I'm always leery of left turners especially, even when they are looking right at me. I will usually flash my high beams, and  swerve back and forth a little, hoping to avoid the
. I know this has been posted here before, but it might be a good time to revisit it.

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived