The MT-07 Forum

Hit a pothole, need advice.

pappydugg

As stated, I hit a pothole, nearly tossed me. Need to know if I can use the old 2x4 and a mallet to bend the lip back in or if it's a total loss on that front rim. The rear took a minor dent but the front has me worried. Both are holding air just fine but the front seems to have taken a very slight vibration, could be my mind playing tricks on me but I'd rather be safe than sorry. All advice will be appreciated. Pics are linked below.

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/PappyDugg/media/IMG_20160804_122533_zpsejrlddi2.jpg.html?filters[user]=145473348&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/PappyDugg/media/IMG_20160804_122455_zpsr8rduf25.jpg.html?filters[user]=145473348&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

• Premium Member

Im far from the guru on this, if it were me I'd take it to a proper shop or even two and have them check it out, at least for piece of mind. They might be able to repair and rebalance it properly.
A ding on a car rim has never been a big deal to me, though I personaly wouldnt risk a damaged rim on a bike especially if vibration is present. I honestly dont know what the risks might be.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

+1 on wheel repair. There are many shops that specialize in fixing rims. I'm sure a yelp/google search in your area will find you a place that can take a look at them.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
+1 on wheel repair. There are many shops that specialize in fixing rims. I'm sure a yelp/google search in your area will find you a place that can take a look at them.
You and yelp... sheesh

Anyway.. +1 on the websearch
find a shop that specializes in wheels and wheel repair
id recommend qwicksilver but theyre a local 2 person crew

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived