The MT-07 Forum

Spider inside my gauge.

peteinpa

I get to work and see a spider on my gauge. I try to shoo it away and it's inside! This thing is at least dime size with the legs. How big is the vent and where is it?

I'm going to have to take it apart now because there are webs now all through it.  >:D

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

When I got back out after work he wasn't there. Probably around to the back (inside). I checked Ron Ayers and the parts blowup doesn't show that it comes apart.

Does anyone know if it comes apart? should I even be trying?

Haven't seen the spider today, can't see the webs unless I use a bright flashlight. I'll leave it alone for now.

• Premium Member

Man I could not handle that. Crash would ensue.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

:D  Don't like spiders?  When I first saw it I thought my lens had cracked. You know, spider webbed.

berettatrio

I would die knowing that it could be anywhere on the bike. If that things shows up again you have to get pics

• Premium Member
:D  Don't like spiders?  When I first saw it I thought my lens had cracked. You know, spider webbed.
Nope. I grew up in the bush on Vancouver Island Canada, and man I tell you we've got some big and FAST spiders there. One in particular, the aptly named "Giant house Spider". I know, not huge by worldy spider standards but they were everywhere. I still scan the ceilings etc when I visit and am trying to sleep. In my dreams they are the ONLY thing that I would consider to be a nightmare. This photo is average sized.... 4 inches or so is a big one.... uugghh so fast. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.  
In short, if this thing crept out while riding it would all be over.... [attachment id=2096" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Was he anything like this spider? 

[video src=https://youtu.be/-3f99HhlpTo]
Seems like the perfect target for those sticky hands toys.

place we stayed at for a week outside Ohsaka had spiders about the size of one's palm with an abdomen the size of a golf ball. We'd hear a 'plop' as they'd land onto a chair or table from 5+ ft above. The area was infested with Japanese 'hoppers' - some kind of cousin to grass hoppers but not nearly so cute.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Was he anything like this spider? 

[video src=https://youtu.be/-3f99HhlpTo]
Seems like the perfect target for those sticky hands toys.
lol! Maybe but I'm thinking .410 and wall plaster.

Beemer

To quote Croc Dundee " that's not a spider...THIS is a spider"

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

Spiders = Worst. Thread. Ever.  ......Yet here I am.

Spiders gone, haven't seen it since that one time. Glad I don't have to take apart the gauge.

Archived