The MT-07 Forum

Went Exploring

robborboy

I swear the FZ07 is the perfect crossbreed of road carving and ADV. I've had her off road so man times and while the suspension could due for an adjustment for off road, it is just great. Even going over stick about 2-3in in diameter on the moss and algae covered road she never felt unsettled. After 7 years of riding I'm not sure I could have picked a better one for my replacement motorcycle.

Nice video! I love it when you can find a shady, country road like that to ride on and it looks like your suspension did it's job. Nothing too squirrely! I'm glad you put the video up because it shows how the suspension isn't all that bad. I feel I might've been close to the limits on mine yesterday when I ran into one of those huge, flat top, speed bumps between 20 -30 mph. It was on a narrow back-road in a small neighborhood and was totally unmarked as far as it being painted so it blended in with the rest of the road. I don't recall seeing a "Speed Bump" sign posted but maybe that's my fault and besides the point.

The point is I stood up on the pegs at the last second and hit the gas and the bike performed great. It felt soft but it didn't bottom out either. I felt so confident after that I charged the next three speed bumps the same way purposely and each time the suspension felt alright. I wish I had captured it on my GoPro but apparently I didn't charge the battery right before I went out so no video. I may go back there to do it again and get it on video.

Beemer

Nice video, first 5 minutes when u made the turn, im like newb newb newb, signal!!! I say it to myself all the time. Looking forward to more vids!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Looks like a nice little putt in the country. I like that mellow speed; no need to race.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
Nice video, first 5 minutes when u made the turn, im like newb newb newb, signal!!! I say it to myself all the time. Looking forward to more vids!
LOL SAME.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

in my defense that turning off that road was a yield, not stop sign. That said, I think it amusing that I left the signal on after the first turn and then forgot it for that next one. Doing it a little backwards. :(

Nice video! I love it when you can find a shady, country road like that to ride on and it looks like your suspension did it's job. Nothing too squirrely! I'm glad you put the video up because it shows how the suspension isn't all that bad. I feel I might've been close to the limits on mine yesterday when I ran into one of those huge, flat top, speed bumps between 20 -30 mph. It was on a narrow back-road in a small neighborhood and was totally unmarked as far as it being painted so it blended in with the rest of the road. I don't recall seeing a "Speed Bump" sign posted but maybe that's my fault and besides the point.  
The point is I stood up on the pegs at the last second and hit the gas and the bike performed great. It felt soft but it didn't bottom out either. I felt so confident after that I charged the next three speed bumps the same way purposely and each time the suspension felt alright. I wish I had captured it on my GoPro but apparently I didn't charge the battery right before I went out so no video. I may go back there to do it again and get it on video.

Agreed. After my last bike was stolen I was a little hesitant after all the complaints I'd heard. Especially since fully geared( full face helmet, ce jacket and pants, back pack, and 3L bladder) I'm pushing 280lbs. But even during more spirited rides she handles like a dream. Don't think I could be happier. Especially since experiencing the insane amount of ground clearance she has(has the horizontal drain plug on it instead of the vertical).

Really want to get a belly pan for peace of mind when I'm not on the street

Archived