The MT-07 Forum

Kriega Bags

enupe

• Premium Member

Can anyone who has a Kriega Bag post pics of the US20 strapped to the back of your bikes. I am thinking about picking one up but I want to see how the bag looks strapped on the bike.

• Premium Member

Great kit this Kriega is, you wont be disappointed. I picked up a r25 backpack (but I dont ride with it) as well as the us70 dry (x2 20L and x1 30L) Love it all.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I'll vouch for the US20 as the perfect size for your bike. Best purchase I've made in a LONG time! I use it daily, whether I ride or not. Carries my lunch, quart frozen water bottle (and it stays ice all day), rain gear, gloves, microfiber towel with room for much more.  It can expand enough to swallow a 15" notebook.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Guest 2wheeler

A totally different thought for you.

I was torn between the Kriega US20 or US30. I finally decided what to do when I saw this forum thread:

http://fz07.org/thread/5295/mounted-nelson-rigg-tail-bag

In the tail end of the thread, the guy stripped his foam from the passenger seat and bolted the Nelson-Rigg 1060S to the seat. That seemed brilliant to me as the Nelson-Rigg in the unexpanded form was 16L which was more what I was looking for as I wanted a around town/commute/short trip bag. It also made sense as with the bag bolted to the seat, it made it tougher for the snatch-and-grab thief to quickly steal the bag. Plus you don't have to screw with the straps all the time.

What I ended up doing was buying a used passenger seat on ebay for $30 delivered, and the Nelson-Rigg is bolted on there. Makes it super easy for me to switch back to the stock seat for when I just want to look cool.

Oh yeah, I did buy the Kriega US30 Drypack for trips as I always felt the 20L was just not big enough for any real travelling. With the cost of the Kriegas, I couldn't justify buying two of them.

Ultimately, I'm getting the SW-Motech saddle bags for the serious traveling which gives me 72L total volume including the US30. This way I think I will have better support for my gear than if I went with a Kriega 30-20-20, and the cost is the same.

• Premium Member
A totally different thought for you. 
I was torn between the Kriega US20 or US30. I finally decided what to do when I saw this forum thread:

http://fz07.org/thread/5295/mounted-nelson-rigg-tail-bag

In the tail end of the thread, the guy stripped his foam from the passenger seat and bolted the Nelson-Rigg 1060S to the seat. That seemed brilliant to me as the Nelson-Rigg in the unexpanded form was 16L which was more what I was looking for as I wanted a around town/commute/short trip bag. It also made sense as with the bag bolted to the seat, it made it tougher for the snatch-and-grab thief to quickly steal the bag. Plus you don't have to screw with the straps all the time.

What I ended up doing was buying a used passenger seat on ebay for $30 delivered, and the Nelson-Rigg is bolted on there. Makes it super easy for me to switch back to the stock seat for when I just want to look cool.

Oh yeah, I did buy the Kriega US30 Drypack for trips as I always felt the 20L was just not big enough for any real travelling. With the cost of the Kriegas, I couldn't justify buying two of them.

Ultimately, I'm getting the SW-Motech saddle bags for the serious traveling which gives me 72L total volume including the US30. This way I think I will have better support for my gear than if I went with a Kriega 30-20-20, and the cost is the same.

Lol...thanks but no thanks. I'm not into that bolted down carrier, or the saddle bag look. A simple bag is enough for me. Good luck with those travels :D .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Picked up my Kriega US 20 the other day. Looking forward to strapping it on my bike and using it.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@simbadc650 you'll be fine. They provide extra frame straps.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
grabbing me a US20 next check!Just wondering if they would strap ok with the corbin seat.
The bag comes with plenty of straps and is able to be strapped down in multiple ways.

Archived