The MT-07 Forum

Black widow exhaust

Redstang4

• Global Moderator
4 minutes ago, GrnTardis said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

New member here, have had my 2017 FZ-07 for about 6 months now and have logged a little over 1000 miles. I'm really interested in picking up a 200mm Black Widow Exhaust system and I'm trying to fully understand the ECU Flashing aspect. Is "2WDW" the best method for getting the flash done, or is there a cheaper alternative that won't run me near $400 just for some tuning?

Not sure if being a member gets us a discount through 2WDW or not, but it would be awesome if they had a section in the forum where general questions are answered for their services. I'll see if I can't find that using the search feature. 

Thanks for any input, and again sorry for digging up an old post.

There is a lot of info in the 2 Wheel Dyno Works area in the supporting vendors portion of the forum.  They are also good about responding to emails if you have a specific question that is not answered there.  They do a lot of work to get the tuning right so I think their pricing is fair.  You can do a lot of damage to an engine very quickly with a bad tune. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Well I just ordered my black widow exhaust today for my ‘17 fz07 so excited can’t wait till it arrives. Then I’ll be ordering the hord power air box and sending my ECU out to get a reflash. From all the great info I’ve been reading on theses forums I think I’ll be super happy with the results thanks guys!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, TJC said:

Well I just ordered my black widow exhaust today for my ‘17 fz07 so excited can’t wait till it arrives. Then I’ll be ordering the hord power air box and sending my ECU out to get a reflash. From all the great info I’ve been reading on theses forums I think I’ll be super happy with the results thanks guys!

To Hord or 2WDW?

I was thinking 2WDW just because of the fact that if I ever need a reflash it’s free other than shipping but I think it’s cheaper though horse and not sure I will be making any other mods that would call for a reflash so kinda up in the air a bit 

• Premium Member

I'm still on the fence, the chart posted by @pattybags is showing BHP @ 81.5 BHP @ 8985 RPM and 55.85 Ft/lbs @  4482 RPM. I'm by no ways discrediting anyone, I just find it hard to believe. Brake HP is different to RWHP and I'm not sure how that would be measured at the same time as torque FT/Lbs  on their dyno. This power and torque with a pipe and a flash seems wild. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yoooooo! I miss you guys.  I actually traded in the FZ at the beginning of the season and bought a 17 Stryker.  I put 20k miles on the FZ and never had a single problem.  The Stryker is a sick bike but I def miss the FZ and ultimately, I think I will buy another FZ and keep 2 bikes.

@fzar

I hear ya bro.  Sounds crazy.  According to the website, they use.....   "a Factory-Pro EC997 eddy-current low inertia dynamometer. An eddy-current style of dynamometer is far superior to an inertia-style dynamometer (most DynoJet dynos) in terms of its accuracy and capabilities. An inertia-style dyne is a glorified accelerometer, while an eddy-current dynamometer provides real-world loading of the engine. Only a true eddy-current style of dynamometer is capable of step-tests, where the eddy-current brake holds the engine at specific RPM data points and measures HP and torque in real-time steady-state. Having the capability to tune steady-state is the only way to accurately tune EFI-equipped motorcycles and flatslide carburetors. It measures horsepower, torque and CO, so we can determine exactly how your bike runs at any given rpm and throttle opening. Then we make an adjustment to your carburetor or fuel injection to obtain maximum horsepower and torque with a smooth transition and rideability."

But that's off their website and everybody's got a pitch.  So I don't know.

But I do know this, when I got my bike back, it was a completely different animal.  Sounded beastly and was a hell of a lot faster, especially on the highway.  Damn I miss that bike.  Dude, just buy the exhaust.  They're good quality and cheap.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 12:49 PM, pattybags said:

Video does not do this exhaust justice. It is much deeper and much louder than what you hear.

I missed this one. Man, that sounds good but it's ridiculously loud even at idle. Anyone have any video of it with the baffle in? (an un altered baffle)

Beemer

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, pattybags said:

Yoooooo! I miss you guys.  I actually traded in the FZ at the beginning of the season and bought a 17 Stryker.  I put 20k miles on the FZ and never had a single problem.  The Stryker is a sick bike but I def miss the FZ and ultimately, I think I will buy another FZ and keep 2 bikes.

@fzar

I hear ya bro.  Sounds crazy.  According to the website, they use.....   "a Factory-Pro EC997 eddy-current low inertia dynamometer. An eddy-current style of dynamometer is far superior to an inertia-style dynamometer (most DynoJet dynos) in terms of its accuracy and capabilities. An inertia-style dyne is a glorified accelerometer, while an eddy-current dynamometer provides real-world loading of the engine. Only a true eddy-current style of dynamometer is capable of step-tests, where the eddy-current brake holds the engine at specific RPM data points and measures HP and torque in real-time steady-state. Having the capability to tune steady-state is the only way to accurately tune EFI-equipped motorcycles and flatslide carburetors. It measures horsepower, torque and CO, so we can determine exactly how your bike runs at any given rpm and throttle opening. Then we make an adjustment to your carburetor or fuel injection to obtain maximum horsepower and torque with a smooth transition and rideability."

But that's off their website and everybody's got a pitch.  So I don't know.

But I do know this, when I got my bike back, it was a completely different animal.  Sounded beastly and was a hell of a lot faster, especially on the highway.  Damn I miss that bike.  Dude, just buy the exhaust.  They're good quality and cheap.

Welcome back, Thanks for the info, like I said I wasn't discrediting you or anyone else I believe you when you say it is so. Buy another FZ man it's too much fun for the money. Thanks again for the info,video's, and follow up. I'm aware of how BHP runs on  resistance loading the the rear wheel hence( Braking Horsepower) but thanks for putting the info from eddy-current in there.👍

Edited by fzar

5 hours ago, TJC said:

My exhaust should be arriving today can’t wait 

Are you going to try it out with the db killer in first or are you going straight in for the kill? Some video of it with and w/o db killer would be nice for future reference. 

Beemer

Without because  I was talking to dude at 2WDW and said since I’m going to be running a hordpower airbox he would definitely recommend removing the dB killer to get maximum flow and power.   Hord is out of stock with the airbox atm says maybe 2 weeks ugh. But soon as I can order that ima send my ecu out to 2WDW and have them to my reflash while I’m installing my exhaust and airbox. I’m super excited to get this project done.  I’ll try and do some video of the project while doing it. I can’t find any good footage on the airbox install but I’ll figure it out. 

• Like 1

Installed my new exhaust today. I had listened to some videos before I ordered it on for the sound and I must say they didn’t do it justice, this exhaust system sounds soooooo gooooood far exceeded my expectations. I haven’t even removed the dB killer yet and I’m pretty sure my neighbors are not gonna be happy with me at 3:30 in the mornings as I’m rolling out to work haha. Just wanted to give a thanks to all who posted about this exhaust which in turn helped me make my decision. Very happy with my purchase and anyone looking to upgrade their exhaust, imo this is definitely a great choice especially for the money.

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 11:16 PM, pattybags said:

With the baffle in, is it not much louder than stock? I should be doing mine this weekend, and I'm getting it tuned immediately after.

I'm wondering if I should tune it with the baffle in or out.

With the baffle out, is it deafening? Like damage your ear drums loud?

I'm considering a replacement for my stock exhaust. Is this model lighter weight/adds performance? Or is it merely for sound? Second question: Never done this before. How easy is it to screw up? What is tuning and how can I get that done myself? I'm deployed for another two years and would rather do the work myself.

9 hours ago, MRH said:

I'm considering a replacement for my stock exhaust. Is this model lighter weight/adds performance? Or is it merely for sound? Second question: Never done this before. How easy is it to screw up? What is tuning and how can I get that done myself? I'm deployed for another two years and would rather do the work myself.

Def lighter and def gives you a performance boost.   

I didn't do the installation myself but it's really not difficult.

As far as a dyno tune, that has to be done by a performance shop.  They run the bike on a dyno and make some adjustments to the fueling.  You'll need to buy a power commander or something similar for a dyno tune. 

The exhaust itself is inexpensive.  A power commander and a proper tune will cost you some dough.

And thank you for your service!

Edited by pattybags

• 6 months later...

Just got mine 2 weeks ago, 230mm round  GP Style Carbon Fibre Silencer+Blue Tip. Love it!!!! Videos don't do it justice...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wintersdark
On 5/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, rcubed3 said:

Just got mine 2 weeks ago, 230mm round  GP Style Carbon Fibre Silencer+Blue Tip. Love it!!!! Videos don't do it justice...

This sealed it for me.  Looks awesome, sounds awesome.  I've got the 2018 Intensity White as well, and ordered exactly the same exhaust today.  

Can't wait.