The MT-07 Forum

Black widow exhaust

Redstang4

I picked up my bike today and the sound of the exhaust is amazing.

I also had it dyno tuned with the baffle out and they got 81 bhp. I'm going to take some pics of the dyno chart and post it.

Also, I'm going to make an attempt at uploading a video to youtube. No promises because I've never made a youtube video before. LOL

This exhaust was so worth it.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm not mechanically inclined at all. I just bought the exhaust, a power commander V and let the pros install the parts and tune it. It cost a little doe, but the chart looks nice and the sound is ridiculous.

WOW! 6.5 hp and 5 ft lbs from exhaust and tune alone, that seems ridiculous to me! Add in the MWR filter and cover maybe looking at 85ish hp and 60ish ft lbs??? From bolt ons a gain of 10 hp and ft lbs is fantastic!

Is it possible?
Is it too good to be true?

• Like 1

I know! I believe I gained about 5 or 5.5 hp.

It's almost unbelievable. Especially for such an inexpensive exhaust system.

That's why I posted the dyno chart. You know what they say, pics or it didn't happen. LOL

• Like 1

Well from my butt dyno I was actually thinking I might have lost a ft lbs because it has smoothed out the throttle a little.

I have not tuned at this point though.

20170325_114918.jpg

Not really a fan of the tin can look. But then again, I didn't buy it for the looks.

Video does not do this exhaust justice. It is much deeper and much louder than what you hear.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm about to order my black widow exhaust. What's the difference between high level and low level?
low level will be under and slightly to the side of the swing arm on your bike while high will go back to the side of the wheel next to the swing arm. 
Low level
low-level-655-c[ekm]226x151[ekm].jpg

High level
high-level-654-c[ekm]226x151[ekm].jpg

I'm about to order my black widow exhaust. What's the difference between high level and low level?
low level will be under and slightly to the side of the swing arm on your bike while high will go back to the side of the wheel next to the swing arm. 
Low level

High level

Yeah I feel stupid I figured that out after I posted that. Thank you though! But here's another question then. Are all the exhausts same performance and tone? Or because they have a different tip they perform or sound different? Or is it just price and looks that set them apart?

That I cannot answer outright, I would assume all sound and preform within a close range of each other being that they are all the same brand and appear to be mostly the same design. The carbon fiber is going to be more expensive, as well as the high level as they use more materials.

Also I read somewhere that the high level may produce a bit more hp and ft lbs, but have not seen any apples to apples dyno testing.

Low level

High level
Yeah I feel stupid I figured that out after I posted that. Thank you though! But here's another question then. Are all the exhausts same performance and tone? Or because they have a different tip they perform or sound different? Or is it just price and looks that set them apart?

To upload pics to the forum that are regular size and easier to see, please click "add image to post" button. There, you can paste in the image link, or find pics from your computer. Then, click upload and it will dump the correct pic codes into your post automatically for you.

Low level

High level
According to their website, the 200-230mm silencers offer the most aggressive sound.  

I have a 230mm silencer on mine, with the baffle out, and it is very very loud.  I imagine the 200mm silencers are the loudest.

The sound and performance definitely rivals more expensive systems.  I just can't speak on the longevity of the system.  

I got about 1000 miles on my Black Widow, and so far so good.  

Low level

High level

Okay one final question, i know it's been asked before but I am new to motorcycles and engines. If I was to purchase this exhaust. How long can I go without an ecu flash? If I waited a month or two would I be fine?

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

@pattybags any update on this exhaust? How has it been treating you?

Friggin love it.

6k miles on the exhaust.  Looks and sounds like the day I bought it. 

No regerts.  LOL

Edited by pattybags

48 minutes ago, pattybags said:

Friggin love it.

6k miles on the exhaust.  Looks and sounds like the day I bought it. 

No regerts.  LOL

Thank you. This is cheaper then the m4 slip on. I might be going with this

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 9:59 AM, fzar said:

@Duke anything to add to this, review, longevity, feedback, etc.

I've had this since April 2017 and I'm in love with it! This combined with the ECU flash from 2WDW is an amazing combo.

I'm currently running this without the baffle and it sounds wicked. Noise level isn't obnoxious either. 

Build quality - Damn good. I'm so glad this came as a full exhaust system. No cutting and welding. A much cleaner look and the header section has colorized quite nicely. It is so much lighter than the stock exhaust and is pretty resistant to rock chips and such. No air leaks at the connection sections as long as you use the sealant paste included with the exhaust.

Longevity - Everything feels and sounds solid. No rattles or any suspicious sounds from any parts of the exhaust. Pretty simple to wipe down after rides (after everything has cooled down).

Looks - This is 100% my opinion: I think this exhaust looks the best for the overall FZ-07 design. The blue tip at the end, the size, the carb fiber section, everything.

Final verdict - Glad I bought it over other options. Would be again if I got another FZ-07 and would buy from Black Widow for any other future bikes I get.

• Thanks 1

You do you and I'll do me.

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 1:28 AM, Duke said:

I've had this since April 2017 and I'm in love with it! This combined with the ECU flash from 2WDW is an amazing combo.

I'm currently running this without the baffle and it sounds wicked. Noise level isn't obnoxious either. 

Build quality - Damn good. I'm so glad this came as a full exhaust system. No cutting and welding. A much cleaner look and the header section has colorized quite nicely. It is so much lighter than the stock exhaust and is pretty resistant to rock chips and such. No air leaks at the connection sections as long as you use the sealant paste included with the exhaust.

Longevity - Everything feels and sounds solid. No rattles or any suspicious sounds from any parts of the exhaust. Pretty simple to wipe down after rides (after everything has cooled down).

Looks - This is 100% my opinion: I think this exhaust looks the best for the overall FZ-07 design. The blue tip at the end, the size, the carb fiber section, everything.

Final verdict - Glad I bought it over other options. Would be again if I got another FZ-07 and would buy from Black Widow for any other future bikes I get.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

New member here, have had my 2017 FZ-07 for about 6 months now and have logged a little over 1000 miles. I'm really interested in picking up a 200mm Black Widow Exhaust system and I'm trying to fully understand the ECU Flashing aspect. Is "2WDW" the best method for getting the flash done, or is there a cheaper alternative that won't run me near $400 just for some tuning?

Not sure if being a member gets us a discount through 2WDW or not, but it would be awesome if they had a section in the forum where general questions are answered for their services. I'll see if I can't find that using the search feature. 

Thanks for any input, and again sorry for digging up an old post.