The MT-07 Forum

Black widow exhaust

Redstang4

Finally found an exhaust I like the sound of!  Black Widow exhaust out of the UK. I even accidentally bought one on ebay(and canceled-cause my wife will kill me since I've kinda been on a shopping spree lately). It must be new because there are 0 hits in the forum search for black widow.

Official web page

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsWVsplRkQ]

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qg_lB3L220]

• Like 1

billytwotimes

I just ordered mine on Friday so once it comes in and I install I'll post some pics/video. Ivery also talked to 2wheeldynoworks about a reflash for it since it hasn't been done

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

It's near impossible to tell what a certain exhaust is going to sound like simply by watching videos online. I thought the Akra Carbon sounded awesome in videos, I was blown away when I first started my bike after installing it.

• Like 1

billytwotimes

I've heard nothing but good things about black widow, they are a very well known company in the uk. They make alot of different exhausts for most bikes companies don't even bother with. I had ano 86 yamaha fz750 and they were the only company still making full systems for the bike minus a couple Japanese companies that want 1000+ for the system. I'm more than excited to get it and try it out and hell for 350 us dollars for a complete system is unheard of!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just ordered mine today. $300 for a sick sounding bad ass full exhaust system. I couldn't resist. I'm so pumped up right now. I bought my FZ-07 a year and half ago, put 8k miles on it, and now it's finally going to sound like a real bike. LOL

Did 2WDW ever make a flash for this?

Wow. $300 for a full system. I can't believe it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Eager to hear your review of it! Is that logo a sticker? Can it be removed?
Should have it on by tomorrow. 
Yes it is a sticker. Plastic feel, slightly slimmer than a license or credit card. Still debating if I should try to take it off or not. Rather have the Black Widow there than a nasty spot from it not coming off cleanly. 

Installed it Saturday, Holy Sh*t this thing was way more of a hassle than should have been. After quite some time of needing more than the 2 hands I have and some cursing I asked my wife to help hold a few things in place and it was over and done with in moments. Overly simple install if you have someone to help, otherwise be prepared to be pissed off trying to fit everything just right and being able to put the gaskets in without falling out before you can get the headers up.

I did take it out for a real quick jaunt right after install and taped(is it still called taping even though its all digital and no tape?) it, also taped my ride into work this am. Quite disappointed in the video sound quality, not near as loud as it really is and wind takes over at around 20 mph. I am going to search though the morning ride video to see if there is any decent sound footage, I was hoping to show it at all different speeds and rpms. Ion cam is no better than my google pixel xl in sound quality.  >:D  at least while moving.

As for the exhaust I took the Baffle out even before installation. It is LOUD, louder than my mustang. At 4k rpms and lower it sounds like a very angry V8  :D , above that is gets more sport bikey sounding. I like the V8 muscle car sound and wish it stayed that way through the whole range. When letting off throttle or down shifting it sounds fantastic. Did put in the baffle for a sound comparison, just a start up and rev- sounded neutered took it out immediately..

If I cannot find any decent vid I will shoot some of just sitting there, start up, and rev like everyone else, without how it sounds while riding. :(  

• Like 2

With the baffle in, is it not much louder than stock? I should be doing mine this weekend, and I'm getting it tuned immediately after.

I'm wondering if I should tune it with the baffle in or out.

With the baffle out, is it deafening? Like damage your ear drums loud?

Unfortunately as of now these are the best I have. I will keep playing with it to see if I can get some footage that I think accurately depicts the sound. Maybe put my camera in the right saddle bag so it has no wind interference?? Also I am yet to do the obligatory start up and rev the Sh*t out of it like everything you see on youtube.  Figured not such a good idea in the middle of Fairfax or near my place of employment. Thus that will follow on another date. 

[video src=https://youtu.be/jhvCd-Q2k5M]

This one I chose for the fire trucks and ambulance. You can hear them coming so the exhaust isn't quite deafening, I give it a small blip as the 2nd truck goes by to give an idea in comparison.  

[video src=https://youtu.be/kZ86tO7nb3Q]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately as of now these are the best I have.
Looks and sounds great!

I'm wondering where you got those little bar end mirrors. Any chance I can get a link?

Unfortunately as of now these are the best I have.
Looks and sounds great!  
I'm wondering where you got those little bar end mirrors. Any chance I can get a link?
Those are powermadd handguards with the additional mirror attachment. If you do a search they'll pop up, there was a thread on them that made me pick them​ up and try them out. Otherwise I'll see if I can link it tomorrow. Btw I wouldn't buy them again, no wind protection from the cold(reason I tried them) and the mirror is basically worthless unless you're just trying to be "legal".

Looks and sounds great!  
Those are powermadd handguards with the additional mirror attachment. If you do a search they'll pop up, there was a thread on them that made me pick them​ up and try them out. Otherwise I'll see if I can link it tomorrow. Btw I wouldn't buy them again, no wind protection from the cold(reason I tried them) and the mirror is basically worthless unless you're just trying to be "legal".
I see. So the mirror comes as an attachment for the handguard. I personally don't like the look of handguards in general was thinking the little mirror is a nice add for more visibility though

Looks like the design and length of the exhaust , 2wdw should have an ecu flash that will work just fine with it

I really like the sound profile that I'm hearing. Sounds beastly, though I think that the "thump, thump" at idle would give me a headache. Maybe someone can post a vid with baffle in to compare? If it sounds quieter without changing the character of the sound profile, then this system is moving to the top of my exhaust list.

Thanks for the vids.

This is actually pretty close to how it sounds, wasn't sure how the sound quality was going to be so I moved around to try different distances and angles- turns out the Ion camera does sound well if there is no wind to interfere.

[video src=https://youtu.be/0EdlKCh6Xgo]

[video src=https://youtu.be/CQuhXKSG7jI]

Still think I may put my camera in a saddlebag to see if I can get footage of riding sound without wind interference. Also I may put the baffle back in, video that and post it up so everyone can hear that too.

So here is the baffle. Thought I would keep it in a saddlebag in case I get pulled over for it, I can hopefully just pop it in and avoid the fix it ticket.

90b9a538b89fb78bba5ca33410d68d2b.jpg

e21096ec005da7c68df614019cac4f64.jpg

Thinking about drilling through this end so it remains straight through.  thoughts on that?

1928fd273dc35e46a6432123ca1b3fd0.jpg

• Premium Member

You can also drill holes along the tube rather than drill out the back of the baffle... that's what I would do...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

You can also drill holes along the tube rather than drill out the back of the baffle... that's what I would do...
Agreed, my baffle for my exhaust already came with holes in the side. It'll make it louder but not as loud as being straight through. Definitely the better choice if you're worried about getting stopped by cops.