The MT-07 Forum

Free cruise control kit to someone in Minneapolis area

Cruizin

A company that I work with wants to develop a Cruise Control kit for the FZ-07.

We are looking for someone who can bring their bike to the shop in the Minneapolis area. We need your bike for a couple days and in return you will receive a fully working Cruise control kit installed on your bike for no charge.

The company who builds these has been building and selling cruise control kits for motorcycles and cars for over 30 years.

Send me a PM ASAP to get locked in. We need a bike ASAP! You will be glad you did!

Make sure you get the free rider to sign a release of liability is something happens! Awesome opportunity thou!

Are they electronic control or do they use vacuum electromechanical? VERY interested if they are full electronic ( ie electrosoleniod rather than air diaphragm).
Any links to have a look at the working ones ( not just pictures of bikes)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

Id just about be willing to ship the bike up there if they'd install it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Are they electronic control or do they use vacuum electromechanical? VERY interested if they are full electronic ( ie electrosoleniod rather than air diaphragm). Any links to have a look at the working ones ( not just pictures of bikes)

Fully electronic not possible on a bike without Ride by Wire throttle. The kits we are selling for the FJ-09 and KTM 1190 and FZ-09 ware all 100% electronic because those bikes are ride by wire.

This kit will be kind of a hybrid with a cable.

Cruise control is awesome to have for the serious rider, the guys who commute or go on trips, that right wrist gets sore as hell after a half hour.

I figured that was likely. Actually an electrosolenoid run from the tacho and a vacuum pressure sensor acting on the throttle would work. I had a vacuum operated system ( aftermarket) system on my BMW F800R which was a godsend...when it worked. Unfortunately it spent a lot of it's time disengaging itself and I ended up taking it off. The plumbing was a nightmare.
As I said, any links to your existing ones?

I figured that was likely. Actually an electrosolenoid run from the tacho and a vacuum pressure sensor acting on the throttle would work. I had a vacuum operated system ( aftermarket) system on my BMW F800R which was a godsend...when it worked. Unfortunately it spent a lot of it's time disengaging itself and I ended up taking it off. The plumbing was a nightmare. As I said, any links to your existing ones?

Read about em here http://fj-09.org/board/51/yamaha-fj-cruise-control-cruizin

Can't get to the article .pdf. Not a member.

Can't get to the article .pdf. Not a member.

I'm not posting the fj-09 instructions here. Take 2 minutes and join to read that pdf about the fj cruise. Or just read the many posts at that link.

We found an fz07 donor already, will R&D his bike and have a working model soon.

Will update this thread when it's ready. This will be a 100% working cruise control for the fz-07, will work just like in your car, and save your wrist from pain. Much much better than throttle locks on hills and against wind.we are also working on one for the fz-10.

• Premium Member

Awesome. I have the throttle lock on my bike. It definitely provides some relief.

Any idea of a price range? $100-$200? $200-$300? $300-$400 $500+?

How much is the FJ-09 kit?

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

• Premium Member

I'm following this...but I'm getting one on the fz-09 whenever I get the cash to buy the bike 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Awesome. I have the throttle lock on my bike. It definitely provides some relief. 
Any idea of a price range? $100-$200? $200-$300? $300-$400 $500+?

How much is the FJ-09 kit?

The fj-09 Kit is $369.00, not sure where we will be for the fz-07 yet.

• Premium Member

Very Interested!! I had purchased a universal Rostra kit to adapt it to my previous bike, but never did, and I am not that keen to try and install it on the FZ-07 (space is very tight!).
With a kit designed for it, however, things might be different.
Keep us posted!
Marco
I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Want! I played with the idea (in my head) of adding the Rostra kit to my Ninja and now the FZ, but it never got off the ground. I've even gone as far as thinking of upgrading to an 09 once I heard the kits were available for them.
Even just driving across town, it would be beneficial. My right hand tends to get tingly and fall asleep after about 10 minutes at constant speeds.

- Andy

"My right hand tends to get tingly and fall asleep after about 10 minutes at constant speeds."

Not meaning to be a smart ass but you may just be hunching your shoulders or you helmet/jacket may force you neck into a tensioned position. Worth a check . Try pulling you shoulders downwards when you are on the bike. Can happen easily if you bar/hand/shoulder position isn't relaxed.
May not be the problem but it's free to check it out and fix if it is.
It's a problem MTB riders get a lot for those reasons ( plus the fad for ridiculously wide bars current).

• Premium Member

No problem. But after 3 motorcycles, 4 handlebar positions, a few different sets of grips, 3 jackets and 2 helmets, it's pretty much a vibration issue for me. My left hand does it too, but that I can take off the grip to rest and not get run over. :)

- Andy

Jeckler,
The only thing consistent in that list is you. If it is vibration ( I am not saying it isn't) then it would change from bike to bike would it not. And you said you get it in both arms.
I am guessing shoulder hunch as prime culprit now. Try pulling you elbows downwards and getting your forearms level as possible with the ground then relax from the hands up to your Atlas joint ( neck/ head joint) as soon as you get on the bike then periodically. Free to try. lost nothing if it doesn't work.
I have a similiar numbing in my left arm. After chasing all sorts of scary scenarios I have found out I have stuffed neck cartilages (3) and a bone process that pushes on my left arm nerve when I hunch ( probably from MTB accidents). I can prevent it by doing what I described above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@gregjet - I'm the cat who's bike this is going on. Still in the dev's hands at the moment. Sounds like he attempted a few different throttle hook ups and he has fond one that works. Last I knew, he was waiting on another part to come in to finish things up. That was two weeks ago, so I expect/HOPE to hear that things are going to be tidied up this week. More to come as soon as I get my hands on it!

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

Electronic cruise control , when it works properly is unmatched accessory for touring. You can keep your heated handgrips, give me a decent cruise control.

Archived