The MT-07 Forum

What can you fit in your bag?

berettatrio

berettatrio

As the title says, what can you fit in your bag.
What bag do you have? What size? What's in it? Where is it located on your bike? I'm in the process of looking for a tail bag and I'm looking at the Kriega 10 or 20 dry pack. I need to fit some cleats, a baseball glove and some water. If anyone has these let me know what you think what one I could use the best. I want to keep it as small as possible.
Anyhow lets see what you got in there

I kayak sometimes and needed a waterproof dry bag for that as well as a waterproof bag for my bike so I got this. I don't mind using bungees or webbing to hold something down so it works for me and I'm pretty sure a 20 liter bag will hold the things you mentioned. Good luck whatever you choose!

https://www.amazon.com/Leader-Accessories-Waterproof-Backpack-Climbing/dp/B00Y1WGVPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470154331&sr=8-1&keywords=+Leader+Accessories+Waterproof+Backpack+Dry+Bag+for+Hiking+Climbing+Kayaking+Rafting+%28blue%29

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I use a cycleguys size 3 tail bag that would probably work for you. I can put a lot of groceries in it. (Or two magnums of wine plus goodies) You will lose the use of your pillion seat because it fits snugly over top it but it's easy to remove the bag. It collapses almost flat when not in use; it's actually pretty ingenious.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

I have the OGIO Tail Bag.
[attachment id=2063" thumbnail="1]

It can definitely fit all that you're asking and then some. It also expands taller, like a suitcase, to increase it's space. I did a little hack to allow all the clip-ons to stay under the tail (you just use a carabiner to latch all four together under the tail), which allows for easy release and go. 

It also comes with a waterproof cover that is stored in a small zipper pocket on one end. Along with two side pockets and one on the top. 

I loved using it because if you bring lunch like I do, it keeps the tupperware upright. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest 2wheeler

I was going back and forth on the US20 or US30, and finally went with the Kriega US30 Drypack. It's plenty big enough, but not overly so. I decided that I would be wanting more if I went with the 20, and at those prices, the 30 made more sense. What everyone says is VERY true about how well made the Kriega are!

berettatrio

Thanks everyone for a the recommendations. Keep them coming! This is making my decision much harder now. Every time I see the Kriega bags it makes me want one. I don't think I need a 30 right now though. Looks like a great bad though.

martyinaustin

just posted this same pic on another thread...but: http://i.imgur.com/I2kxw5N.jpg

in there, i have my laptop, a notebook (you know...actual paper), laptop power cable, 2 small pelican cases for hard drives and 1 other
small hard drive. the drives are in the top pocket. i could have shoved more in there if i needed to, but not a ton more. it would work
for your needs if you want to travel as lean as possible.

m.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Agreed. Should we start a new thread entitled "Weirdest stuff you carried on your motorcycle"?

Illegitimi non carborundum

I like where this is going. I ended up getting the Kriega US 10 and to go along with my Kriega R25. I love it thus far

• Premium Member

@berettatrio

I have a Kriega 20, on this particular day it contained:

- 2 bottles of white wine
- 1 40oz Kleen Kanteen
- 1 Ninja smoothie bottle
- 1 package chicken breast
- 1 broccoli crown
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 lb of ground pork
- 1 package of baby bella shrooms
- Gym clothes
- 1/2 lb of shiitake (didn't make it in the bag due to its fragile nature, see pic 2)

JRQusB2.jpg
rrOHvhk.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I'm so proud of my self-control... not responding to this "straight line!"

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of a product with either small-square mesh webbing or solid pocket that covers some, or all of the pillion? I would like to throw just a few items in it that would take a load off my pants pockets.
Hope this is the proper thread for this question!

booboobusfz07
Anyone know of a product with either small-square mesh webbing or solid pocket that covers some, or all of the pillion? I would like to throw just a few items in it that would take a load off my pants pockets. Hope this is the proper thread for this question!

Check out the cycleguys fastpack sz3.

Anyone know of a product with either small-square mesh webbing or solid pocket that covers some, or all of the pillion? I would like to throw just a few items in it that would take a load off my pants pockets. Hope this is the proper thread for this question!
Check out the cycleguys fastpack sz3.

Thank you for that. Would I be able to slip a phone into an outside pocket w/out expanding the bag?
Also, anyone know how the Fastpack size3 compares to the Kriega US-05 ? Does the Kriega bag also have an outside pocket that doesn't require expanding the bag?

Archived