The MT-07 Forum

Kreiga R20 or R25

howlinhoss

Tried searching for reviews on the R20 vs R25 but still lacking the input to make a decision. I know many of you use Kreiga bags and I was hoping you could chime in?

Looking for a bag for rides to work, long rides, and weekend trips. Need to be able to bring a work laptop, charger, change of clothes, shoes, and a lunch.

Any recommendations on either the R20 or R25.

Thanks in advance.

pineappleunderthesea

I have the R20, and while you'll be able to stuff all the items you mention in the bag, it'll be tight and close to capacity.  You might prefer the R25 for those longer trips in case you need to stuff more junk in the bag.

I've pasted a pic below, I use mine as my daily pack going to work, it holds my laptop and change of pants.  The jeans are rolled up at the bottom, and I added a pair of shoes.  There is still room for a shirt, socks, underwear, and a small lunch.  You can see that there is a precurve, so the laptop won't follow the contour but you can put some stuff (socks, etc) right next to it.  There is also a large front pocket that can hold several more small/medium items.

So you can kinda see by the pic that the bag will be at capacity with all the items you want, leaving very little room for anything else.  So the R25 might be useful for longer trips if you need more than 1 change of clothes.  Note that the jeans are standard Levi 501, if you're talking storing kevlar jeans that include knee and hip armor, you won't be able to fit all the stuff you want in there, you'll need a tail bag.

5157FA97-EDF2-49A3-862E-B01A1F4F0FC1_zpssa74oca8.jpg

I use the US20 daypack as my tailbag, I fit a laptop w/ accessories, sometimes with lunch. could also fit shoes. Never filled it to capacity. I dislike backpacks but Kriega products are all good. You might need the larger size if you want to do longer trips.

I have the R20 as well, fits me like a glove and can't talk highly enough about it. I don't carry as much as you are planning, especially if you are planning on weekend trips with it. If you are planning on packing shoes, I would recommend the larger R25. If you place your order from Revzilla as I did, order both and evaluate them together side by side and send the other back. It'll cost you $7.95 (I believe) return shipping that will be deducted on your return if you use Revzilla's RMA/UPS return label. I do this when I make major purchases such as jackets and helmets & gloves to make sure I get a good fit. Well worth $8.

Ride Safe!

Kirk

I have the R20. If I had it to do over again I would get the R25. Sounds like you and I carry a similar amount of stuff to work.

Archived