The MT-07 Forum

Rear LED Signal Bar w/ Cleanest Fender Delete

nastynatebiiitch

nastynatebiiitch

Like a lot of you, I hated looking at the massive fender hanging off the sleek tail of this bike. Researched soooo many different types of fender delete kits and found that all of them are overpriced and really don't clean the tail up as well as they could. I wanted a super clean minimalist profile with no tab protruding out of the tail.

I ended up drilling a couple holes into the fender behind the battery and utilized the original plate mount; just hacked off the ends. Didn't take as many pictures during the process as I should have for you all, but I will post a few.

For the signals and plate lights, I used a LED bar and mounted the plate using those LED containing mounting bolts. I am very pleased with the results! Comments/questions/suggestions all very welcome!

Pardon the sn-- Nate.

https://imgur.com/a/GXShn
https://imgur.com/a/I2gSJ

AlbatrossCafe

Love it. I wish I could figure out how to get my plate here but keep the turn signals at the back. I never even thought of reusing the stock plate mount. Gonna look into this when I get home!

I'm guessing you haven't had many miles on it yet, but any issues with the plate bouncing around a lot? Or do you think it is pretty secure how you mounted it?

blackwoodz61
Love it. I wish I could figure out how to get my plate here but keep the turn signals at the back. I never even thought of reusing the stock plate mount. Gonna look into this when I get home! 
I'm guessing you haven't had many miles on it yet, but any issues with the plate bouncing around a lot? Or do you think it is pretty secure how you mounted it?

You could do something like I did to keep the flush look with your turn signals. 5a91ef9ae45b5e159d6979b3e55ac489.jpg5dc42539e115850df8e1f70a04fdce73.jpg

nastynatebiiitch

Got the light bar for $19 on eBay. It can also be wired in as a secondary brake light. I used to have it smoked out with a piece of tint film, but it ended up peeling off because of the road debris kicking up. That could likely be prevented with a longer rear tire hugger. Might try that someday.

I've had the plate mounted like this for nearly 1000 miles and it's as sturdy as it ever was - it's a really solid mount in my opinion.

Link to light bar
https://www.ebay.com/itm/231806186315

• 5 months later...
You could do something like I did to keep the flush look with your turn signals. 5a91ef9ae45b5e159d6979b3e55ac489.jpg5dc42539e115850df8e1f70a04fdce73.jpg
Nice setup. can you give me some more info on the lights? Do they still work as DRLs?

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2016 at 9:37 PM, blackwoodz61 said:

@blackwoodz61

What did you use as the lens cover for your signals behind the seat?!?!  3D printed?

Molded some clear lens for a drop ceiling light cover. And still working great as a bright white DRL while driving and a bright amber blinker

@eskae3 Don't know if @blackwoodz61 had this issue, but I did the same mod to my bike after being inspired by this and other pics.  The plastec lens is prone to cracking, so I found it is best to cut large and carefully sand down to final fit, though it's a pain in the rear.  Also I sanded the back of the lens down a bit as the prism peaks are as sharp as a rasp and will scuff/scour the plastic parts of the underpan piece.  I went with red DRL and amber turn signals.  Wish I would have went with brighter led's, but they are still noticeable during the day and perfectly acceptable at night.

On 1/24/2018 at 5:26 AM, blackwoodz61 said:

No issue here. Just trimmed and bent with some heat. And just a bunch of trial fitment until it was good to go

Ahh.. Heat.  I din't think of that.  Here's the product that I used, so perhaps I either used a different product, or am just inept at choosing the right method to cut.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/OPTIX-Common-24-in-x-48-in-Actual-22-187-in-x-46-437-in-7-12-sq-ft-Prism-Ceiling-Light-Panels/4777776

Archived