The MT-07 Forum

Heel shifter

ssdawood

Does anyone know of they make heal shifter for fz07.

In India I used to ride small 125 cc Honda that had a toe and heel shifter.

Benefit was that the toes of my boots were not ruined.

I have only had 1 bike with a heel shifter. Years ago, I owned a Suzuki C50. The heel shifter was really nice once I got used to it. It also had floorboards instead of pegs. I have never seen a heel shifter on anything but a cruiser bike.

Subscribed to see where this goes.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I have only had 1 bike with a heel shifter. Years ago, I owned a Suzuki C50. The heel shifter was really nice once I got used to it. It also had floorboards instead of pegs. I have never seen a heel shifter on anything but a cruiser bike. 
Subscribed to see where this goes.
Interesting! Hubs has a C50T with heel shifter. He's used to it but when I ride it, it sort of bugs me and I think I'm accidentally going to shift. 

Illegitimi non carborundum

Haha.. I know what you mean. You should stick to the toe shifter. I used to feel strange riding another bike without it.

• Global Moderator

Subscribing just to see how it goes...
i had a heel shift on my sportster (mid-controls) made it nice when downshifting
might be nice on the fz as well... but i see some small drawbacks too

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

bmwpowere36m3
notsureifwantdog.jpg

No but seriously... only modern bikes with heel-toe shifters are cruisers with floorboards.  If you're riding on the balls of your feet, then shifting with your heel is not going to work well.

Buy a good pair of riding boots and don't worry about the toe area as they'll have a reinforcement in that area.

Archived