The MT-07 Forum

XSR 900

jake

• Premium Member

Took a lunch break and went to FOX power sports in Grand Rapids MI for a Yamaha demo and took out the XSR 900.
First impressions from a looks stand point I think it looks great not amazing but great. I had the brushed steel look and all the parts looked high quality IMO. That being said I there is something off just a little proportion wise cant quite put my finger on it. But sitting on it looking at all the nice machined looking parts you feel like its a high quality European classic.
It was a short ride but the clutch was way out of adjustment and had to be almost all the way out before it grabbed and I didn't have time to adjust it, so that part ruined the first gear starts. Highway at first I was not sure what to expect but I was a little reserved and that was a good thing. The low end torque surprised me but I got used to it quick and highway speed bursts didn't impress me too much but clearly its faster.
Over all I think its a great bike but the FZ still feels more fun to me because you have to push it hard and get it right. And now I want something geared toward the track like a GSXR 750 and keep the FZ of course.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

There is a little bloated or stubbiness to the overall design, but still looks good in person. I would still like to ride one to test though.

Did you try all 3 ride modes?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
There is a little bloated or stubbiness to the overall design, but still looks good in person. I would still like to ride one to test though. 
Did you try all 3 ride modes?
A mode the whole time. I think its the frame that looks off to me.

• Premium Member

On a side note I talked to two guys that rode the FZ-07, asked them what they thought of it and they said out of all the bikes they liked the FZ better. The one guy has a VMAX and bought a FZ for his wife and she didn't like it ( too much of a bike ) and he sold it so he totally regrets it and was thinking about getting one for a daily.

We guys are sometimes idiots and choose bikes purely for the performance factor, and end up with 160 hp or higher bikes that can do 170 mph, but are horribly uncomfortable and really, how often do we get the chance to do 170 mph?

The FZ-07 is an awesome looking bike and really really easy to ride daily.
The XSR-900 is a great bike, around 110 Hp and runs the way an fz-09 should. But is it worth the extra money? Not for me, it's basically a more expensive FZ-09 in my book.
The FZ-10 is a better bike in my book.

We guys are sometimes idiots and choose bikes purely for the performance factor, and end up with 160 hp or higher bikes that can do 170 mph, but are horribly uncomfortable and really, how often do we get the chance to do 170 mph?
SNL-Fernando.jpeg

But you know, my darling, it is better to look good than it is to feel good..

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Archived