Sign in to follow this  
3up

Cluster Back light

3up
My speedo cluster back light is flickering off and on anyone else have this issue? hard to see in the day but easy to see when it goes out at night, goes black.

CapnKirk
Have not noticed a problem with mine. Definitely sounds like a loose connection at the wiring harness or a bad solder joint on the PCB.
  • Like 1

sorkyah

My speedo cluster back light is flickering off and on anyone else have this issue? hard to see in the day but easy to see when it goes out at night, goes black.

If your bike is under warranty... take it in
and get it diagnosed
it sounds like a loose terminal in the connector for the display or the backlight soldering connection is garbage

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Beemer
I've had wires that weren't strapped down well rub against metal enough it exposed the wires and created a short which made my lights flicker. It's more than likely a bad connection but just in case it isn't.  ;)

Beemer

Kipawa
There is a thread out there about dealers not routing the cables correctly, I remember changing mine up. Possibly related to that.

bsg75
There is another recent thread about this, mine and another person's is doing this also. Will update once I take a look at it in depth this weekend.

peteinpa
Plugging in the cluster is done at each dealer when bike is assembled from the crate. Give the wire harness a light pull and I bet it comes out. Push it back in till it clicks.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.