The MT-07 Forum

New Rider from Northern Virginia. First Motorcycle!

noob

I live in Vienna and tend to ride around out towards sterling and leesburg where the roads are a little more open but like I said It can get boring riding for hours alone. I'm down to ride anytime though! Most recently just been doing mods to my bike. Got a yoshimura R77 exhaust and removed the baffle, new m-blaze pin turns signals to be more streamline, and a ram phone mount. I had got my bike used so it already had a fender eliminator and another shitty aftermarket exhaust but it had to go ?

❤️?BBB?❤️

I live in Vienna and tend to ride around out towards sterling and leesburg where the roads are a little more open but like I said It can get boring riding for hours alone. I'm down to ride anytime though! Most recently just been doing mods to my bike. Got a yoshimura R77 exhaust and removed the baffle, new m-blaze pin turns signals to be more streamline, and a ram phone mount. I had got my bike used so it already had a fender eliminator and another shetty aftermarket exhaust but it had to go ?
nice! hit me up sometime, i live in chantilly! 

Installed Woodcraft Clip-ons and Gilles Tooling Rearsets! Also added the CRG Adapters for the bars!

I'm waiting on a Rizoma Flyscreen to arrive to clean up the front end.

I desperately need an exhaust asap.

yMMUr5J.png

nhHcXPf.png

IOHVNFt.png

PPr2n2g.png

I ride everyday if there's a place you wanna meet up and head for a ride let me know. I'm probably gonna start riding around 9today and I always hit up the Dunkin donuts on rt. 7 so expect to find me there ?. As for your exhaust problem, if you want a throaty sound more like a Harley but still sporty, check out the M4 exhaust slip-on. It's nice and I know someone who has it on their FZ-07. I like a deep sound but very sport (less chug, more purr) so I got the R77 race slip on for my FZ1, took the baffle out and it sounds delicious ?. I'll put links for both.

Motorsport M4 Slip-on:
https://www.ridersdiscount.com/m4-standard-mount-slip-on-exhaust-for-yamaha-fz07-2015-2016-carbon-fiber-ya6714-262876

Yoshimura R77 race slip-on:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/yoshimura-r77-slip-on-exhaust

Another note:
If putting an aftermarket exhaust from a stock one, 90% of the time you are gonna have to cut the catalytic converter and remove it completely. I got my bike used but the fucknut who owned it before didn't do it properly so I had to mod it. Would add photos but idk how ??

❤️?BBB?❤️

Hey, also a new rider in NOVA. Just started riding an '03 SV-650 at the beginning of the year, traded it in 2 weeks ago and snagged the '16 FZ in armor gray. Just signed up for this forum an hour ago. What caught my eye was your key chain in your photos, we have the same one, Remove Before Flight. Funny you and I have the same plans for waiting for the new Jeeps as well. I ride almost daily to work up in MD from Woodbridge. We went to our first Bikes and Breakfast (in Cliffton) this month (admittedly we were a lot late), and plan to go again in Oct. Aside from that meetup, my boyfriend and I (he rides a KTM RC8R) are looking for people to meet up with for riding. I will be introducing myself in the newcomers forum soon, and will post pics of my FZ there. Let me know if there is anyone planning a ride in the NOVA area anytime. 

I've been remiss on following thru on an invitation to Bikes&Breakfast, is it every Sunday?
No its usually every second Sunday of the month. October will be the third Sunday though instead because of Cliffton days being the second sunday. Ive been told to get there as early as you can though, Septembers apparently had something like 400 bikes there.   

Funny you should say I'm gonna head out for a ride after I drop the fam off at the airport so I'm like and hour or two. If anyone's down name a place to meet and I'll be there!?

❤️?BBB?❤️

Awwww well you don Ight rides? I literally ride anytime cuz I'm a college student and don't sleep ? AND I ALSO HAVE THE REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT TAG

❤️?BBB?❤️

Im military and we are on 24 hour ops right now, so working some crazy hours... but as soon as I'm off these shifts, definitely be down for night rides.
If anyone in the area is interested you could PM me your numbers and I can start a group text to get meetups going easier.

lol sorry didnt see the post until later. Ended up riding for hours with my dad. Heading out today with raven if anyone is available. My number is above so text me if you are interested.

❤️?BBB?❤️

Archived