The MT-07 Forum

New Rider from Northern Virginia. First Motorcycle!

noob

I have been browsing the forums for a little while, thought it's time to make an account and introduce myself.

I finally picked up a 2016 Raven Black FZ-07 yesterday! I am a new rider, and am still getting used to being on two wheels. I am located in Northern Virginia, which is probably not the most bike-friendly place with all the traffic and crappy drivers!!

I have wanted a motorcycle for as long as I can remember, but plans never worked out before. I am coming from a 2015 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack, which I dumped a lot of money into! I decided to sell the car, save some money and finally get a bike. I still have a 2015 VW Passat Limited as a Daily Driver, but I am looking to get into a Truck or Wrangler. I had a 2012 JK Wrangler before the Mustang, and the plan was to pair that with a bike, to have a perfect combination for winter/all-season, and spring/summer/fall MOTO fun! I am holding off right now to see what Jeep comes up with for the Next Generation Wrangler in 2017(JL), and see what the Wrangler based Pickup truck is all about (for 2018). 

So far, I love the FZ-07. I have a ton of ideas and visions on what I will be doing with the bike as far as mods go. First couple mods I will need are; fender eliminator, turn signals, axle/frame sliders, then EXHAUST. This thing is way too quiet, but I can feel how much grunt it's holding back without a proper exhaust!!

Thanks to all of you guys for the wealth of knowledge and reviews on the forums

Feel free to follow my progress on Instagram @RavenFZ07

Here she is <3

80KsplK.png

Here is my Mustang, before I sold it.

yQDAOC5.png

RjyeN9t.png

Here is my old JK

Yb34Ups.jpg

Welcome! Jealous of the 5.0 you sold, sorry you had to do so. I have an 2002 4.6 I would love to drop more money into. Though the fz is a fantastic bike you for sure will enjoy- short of the NoVa traffic which you are correct on, boneheads

thanks for the warm welcome !! I wont be able to get any riding done for the next couple days, due to a big storm rolling through NoVA  :'(

• Premium Member

Welcome! Beautiful rides!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome to the site. You're going to enjoy the bike.

On a side note: I'm surprised your screen name "Raven" wasn't already taken.

Welcome from Silver Spring, MD. Let me know if you wanna hit up a street ride or join me at the track.

Welcome to the site. You're going to enjoy the bike.  
On a side note: I'm surprised your screen name "Raven" wasn't already taken.
Thanks!  
I was surprised as well lol!

Welcome from Silver Spring, MD. Let me know if you wanna hit up a street ride or join me at the track.
Yes! I would like to meet some local FZ guys to ride and mod with !!

• Global Moderator

Welcome.dude
Gratz on joining us here at the fz forum
That mustang looks pretty awesome... i'm not a fan of the way they drive, but their new look is just gorgeous
And lowered.... it just looks mean

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I got some pictures taken the other day :) love this thing! 

zyZ3vcZ.png

4VXmp3z.png

oN35olF.png

0zmkgr6.png

ItSryTt.png

snOeosr.png

opEUdXi.png

You look good on that bike, man. Loving ' the all black.

Thanks! I couldn't say no to all black, gives you so many options on making it your own.

I already added/ordered a couple of parts!

Cyclops LED H4 Headlight Bulb

SDZR7LKm.png

OES Frame Sliders/Fork Sliders/Axle Spool Sliders

K5HhJ8cm.jpg boPHpMvm.jpg 46z0lbpm.jpg

Yamaha OEM Windscreen

YMsc2nIm.jpg

I am still waiting on a few parts to arrive;

TST Industries Flush Mount LED Front Signals (Smoked), w/ Relay and Wiring Kit
MotoDynamics Integrated Taillight (Smoked)
MotoDynamics Fender Eliminator
CRG Lanesplitter Bar-end Mirrors
Rhinomoto Bar-ends for CRG Mirrors
Ram X-Mount to mount iPhone 6s Plus in the stock Mirror Holes.

I still haven't decided on what accent color I will be going with on the bike. Red is the easiest option (rim-tape, levers, accents, etc) but Black and Purple would be badass!

This thing needs and exhaust! My [HASH]1 choice right now is Akrapovic Titanium.

Will be at the Summit Point motorsports park for a trackday tomorrow with @mysweetfz07. You should join us or come during lunch for a free test ride.

Will be at the Summit Point motorsports park for a trackday tomorrow with @mysweetfz07. You should join us or come during lunch for a free test ride.

Thanks, I wish I could, but I'll be working all day tomorrow !

Removed Fork Reflectors, and Installed some parts!

TST Industries Flush Mount LED Front Signals (Smoked), w/ Relay and Wiring Kit
MotoDynamics Integrated Taillight (Smoked)
MotoDynamics Fender Eliminator

9igpmIf.png

2LTRiOe.png

• 1 month later...

HEY GUYS! I'm new. Just signed up like 5 min ago. Not only have I been itching to go to the track, other than my father coming out once in a while, i ride alone quite often and am always looking for people to ride with. Idk how to message anyone on here but go ahead and post in the thread if you wanna meet up and ride for a while cuz riding alone sucks! Thanks! EVERYONE ATGATT

❤️?BBB?❤️

HEY GUYS! I'm new. Just signed up like 5 min ago. Not only have I been itching to go to the track, other than my father coming out once in a while, i ride alone quite often and am always looking for people to ride with. Idk how to message anyone on here but go ahead and post in the thread if you wanna meet up and ride for a while cuz riding alone sucks! Thanks! EVERYONE ATGATT
Hey welcome! What part of VA are you in? 
I haven't updated this thread in a while, my bike looks completely different now! Just added woodcraft clip-ons and gilles-tooling rear-sets today. I will do an updated photoshoot as soon as the weather clears up.

DZdFsGc.png

ft5dmH7.png

jngmK94.jpg

rWRhhad.jpg

Archived