The MT-07 Forum

Clyde, the Old Master

mwelacha

So I'd been searching and searching for a decent deal on a seat upgrade given how uncomfortable our stock seat is. I didn't like the look of the Corbin and the Seat Concepts looked nice, but he charges for each seat and if I remember right, also charges to install it if you choose not to rent an industrial stapler from home depot and send him your seat pans instead. I think I remember an additional charge for colored stitching too but anyway, I called a local upholsterer Clyde Zielke in La Crosse, WI and brought my seats in for an estimate. He quoted me $90 for extra padding in all the right places (I was tired of racking my jewels on the tank end of the seat all the time), two-tone carbon-fiber top and dark gray/black sides and also threw in the race blue stitching. I was a little worried how his taste would be at first because Clyde's probably about 80 years old but the man is an artist. It was perfect, I absolutely love what he came up with, and it's crazy comfortable. If you wanted to pay shipping both ways, I'm sure he'd be willing to give you the same price. I'm just so happy to have found something not only better than anything I've seen out there, but way less expensive as well. He was very easy to work with and he would no doubt be willing to customize you any way you wanted. If  you want just one single kind of fabric for the seats and the padding, it might be less. If you have a red or white bike, he no doubt would do that stitching for you. He's working on a quote to do red stitching on the seats in my MINI Cooper S at the moment. He answers his phone every time you call and he's very fair so give him a ring to see what he could do for you.

MOTO%20SEAT%202_zpsz2fzp4aq.jpg)

MOTO%20SEAT%203_zpsevkz5jrx.jpg
[/img]

Clyde Zielke
5 Star Upholstery
2901 South 26th Street
La Crosse, WI
608-788-2162

Looks really good. I honestly think the best way to go is find a good upholstery pro local to you and see what they offer.

2016 FZ07 - LOVING IT!!
2003 R6 - SOLD
2006 FZ6 - SOLD

Looks really good. I honestly think the best way to go is find a good upholstery pro local to you and see what they offer.
I agree! I tried M&D Upholstery down the road from me in Ruskin, Fl. and they did a really good job. Mine wasn't quite as cheap because I opted for a premium gel pad that's different from other gel pads and it's very comfortable. It didn't change the shape or size of the seat either.

Beemer

Archived