The MT-07 Forum

What is the GVWR for the FZ-07?

travisaurusrex

travisaurusrex

I've been looking online and can't seem to find the gross vehicle weight rating for our bike anywhere. I didn't see it in the manual, either. Did I miss it somewhere?

pineappleunderthesea
782 lbs
I think the "wet" weight is right around 400 lbs (with fluids but without passenger, cargo, etc)

• Global Moderator

Motorcycle weight 397 lbs, maximum load 386 lbs (total of rider, passenger, cargo and accessories). It is in section 9 of the owners manual.

• Premium Member

Page 2-3 in owners book says max load including operator, passenger and cargo is 385# ... my bike is 385# w/full tank

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

The maximum load number does not include the weight of the bike. Nobody would be light enough to ride it if that was the case.

bmwpowere36m3
782 lbs
GVWR! i.e., weight of bike + rider + passenger & cargo
Some simple math... bike is ~400lbs wet, so rider + passenger + cargo is 382 lbs MAX.

I assume you mean LEGAL GVWR.
Considering how soft this thing is suspended I suspect that figure is considerably in excess of what would be rideable without bottoming the suspension on even normal roads without appropiate aftermarket suspension work.
What's more , considering this bikes rear weight bias I would be attempting to load as much as far forward as possible.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

378+ 210 + 10 = im still solid!
What's the "10" for?  Dog? Cat? Newborn baby?
lol wish it was a dog, naw i carry my backpack with me and since i have a auto immune disease i carry my medical stuff with me, snacks , drinks blah blach.  

travisaurusrex
I assume you mean LEGAL GVWR. Considering how soft this thing is suspended I suspect that figure is considerably in excess of what would be rideable without bottoming the suspension on even normal roads without appropiate aftermarket suspension work.

I think you've answered my next question.

I was wondering if aftermarket suspension would change the GVWR at all.  I assume that the GVWR is calculated to take into consideration the chassis design and other engineering concerns that I can't fathom.  Based on what you've said, I have to assume that a suspension upgrade would help the bike to handle better with a full load but would not increase the maximum load.

The LEGAL limit is calculated using either, bistromathics, or the scoring system of the english panel program "QI". ie nobody has a clue.
The stock suspension fully loaded , I suspect would be severely problematic to ride and possibly involve shortened suspension component life.
Zombiephone may be a source of loaded touring info ( plus some others) as she has indulged in same.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived