The MT-07 Forum

New Chinese Cowl

Guest ChicagoAJ

Guest ChicagoAJ

Anyone see these yet? I think they look pretty cool - especially for the price. I might get gold... Looks like it mounts with all the stock hardware too. 

42k4y.jpg

Linky

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
booboobusfz07

With how reasonable the pricing is think I might get one for around town and switch between my fabbri touring. Cause the new one looks pretty badass an aggressive. It just needs black hardware now. Lol

Have seen one similar to this for around $100. Still undecided if i like the look, and its soo small does it provide any functionality? At $26 Im almost tempted. Maybe Ill just hold off for the ermax touring Ive been eyeing(just need to figure if the red or burgundy matches the bike best). Anyone else more so tempted and want to be the guinea pig??

Guest ChicagoAJ
Have seen one similar to this for around $100. Still undecided if i like the look, and its soo small does it provide any functionality? At $26 Im almost tempted. Maybe Ill just hold off for the ermax touring Ive been eyeing(just need to figure if the red or burgundy matches the bike best). Anyone else more so tempted and want to be the guinea pig??
I'm waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig, haha. 

I just pulled the trigger on a black one. It's basically a rip off of the one from deprettomoto. I'll let you know if it's a POS. I'm not expecting much for 26 bucks. I'm sure it will eventually turn brown in the sun. I'll snap a few pics when I slap it on.

Guest ChicagoAJ
I just pulled the trigger on a black one. It's basically a rip off of the one from deppromoto. I'll let you know if it's a POS. I'm not expecting much for 26 bucks. I'm sure it will eventually turn brown in the sun. I'll snap a few pics when I slap it on.
Good man. Hope it's decent, how hard could it be to screw up a one piece aluminum design.....? 
Even if it browns, might as well plasti-dip it or even just spray can it. 

Yeah that's what I figured. I will just spray can it if it turns brown. Thanks for posting this AJ. I really wanted the one from Deprettomoto but didn't want to drop over $100 since I'm saving up for an exhaust.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Yeah that's what I figured. I will just spray can it if it turns brown. Thanks for posting this AJ. I really wanted the one from Deprettomoto but didn't want to drop over $100 since I'm saving up for an exhaust.
Yup, no problem. As soon as you report back good or bad, I'll likely pick one up too. Unless of course it doesn't even come close to fitting, but I'm sure that won't be the case as you could probably easily bend this by hand and get it to line up enough to get the bolts in. 

Ordered mine about a wk. ago on eBay. I think I paid about 10 dollars more though. Hasn't arrived yet.

Ordered mine about a wk. ago on eBay. I think I paid about 10 dollars more though. Hasn't arrived yet.

Keep us posted on what you think.

I got one for $30 about a month ago. Fitment was not very good. I ended up snapping off the tabs on the side that attach to the screws holding the light in place. The 4 on the top were not spot on but usable. Mine also showed up pretty bent up, but I bent it back and slapped some carbon fiber vinyl on the areas under the screws to cover up the damage. I just checked and I didn't take any photos of it, but I will upload some when I do. Its not perfect, but for around $30 I am very happy with it.

• Premium Member

I cannot see any reason from the pix that one even needs the side mounts... cut 'em off; wallow the other holes to fit, if need be; and repaint. What in the world can one expect for $26 delivered???

Fabricating parts myself, I know why they did it, but it's a shame they did the center hard-bend instead of curving that section... imho.

I cannot see any reason from the pix that one even needs the side mounts... cut 'em off; wallow the other holes to fit, if need be; and repaint. What in the world can one expect for $26 delivered??? 
Fabricating parts myself, I know why they did it, but it's a shame they did the center hard-bend instead of curving that section... imho.

Seems like most Chinese parts require a little DIY fabrication to fit right. I too doubt the side mounts are necessary. I will be sure to report back on my experience with fitting it.

• Premium Member

What does one expect for $26? Well, that's a good question... I'm not saying it's NOT worth it, but, not having seen the results, there is a limit to how tacky I want my bike parts to be. I'm all for it, if you can make a quality looking part out of it, but then, what have you spent on time and effort to make something "acceptable"?
I'd just as soon pay the price and get a Givi, or some other name brand. Proven quality, looks good, and I won't have to waste my time trying to make it fit and look decent (with an unpredictable outcome). But that's just me... I've experimented with some cheap parts (still have the ebay rearsets), and in most cases, I just wish I had saved my money. In the case of the rearsets, I wasn't sure I would like the position change, so I didn't want to pay for the good stuff, then find out I liked stock position better. I went the cheap route for an experiment. I like them, and now, if the cheap ones fail, or stop functioning nicely, I'll pick up a name brand set. Nothing lost.

Why can't left turners see us?

I already have the Yamaha Flyscreen. I figure if it looks like crap I will just scrap it and keep what I have. Maybe it will come and be so gaudy I won't even mount it, we'll see. For 26 bucks I'll give it a shot.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Hmm, after seeing those pics I think I'll stick with either trying out the Double Bubble or the touring Ermax screen, thanks for posting pictures @joshalamew!!

My bad. Got busy with home improvements and forgot to post the pics. Like I said before, its worth it and I'm happy with it for ~$30 but its not perfect.  
http://imgur.com/o7wI7d7
http://imgur.com/or4khCQ
http://imgur.com/04AVIkY
http://imgur.com/aWg6teQ
http://imgur.com/QUZU6s5
http://imgur.com/knmSXQU
http://imgur.com/FzamDv0

I think it looks good. Still waiting on mine.

• Premium Member

I bought one too 2 days ago. It's small and kind of subtle which is what I like about it. Goes nicely with bike. It's cheap but it's a piece of metal so how much of a difference can there be between the deprimoto one and this?

• Premium Member

I have found with motorcycle parts that it is NOT just Chinese parts that "...require a little DIY fabrication to fit right," unfortunately.

And of course, that isn't limited to m/c parts. Perhaps, I should have just said "aftermarket" parts... the stories I could tell!

Uh, Rowdy, your "cheap" Chinese rearsets must be working okay, then???

• Global Moderator

I love the look of this thing...
Wish it was a bit wider but kinda want to order it just to see what can be done

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived