The MT-07 Forum

Chinese Rearsets....and it's not a bad one.

zoltan

• Premium Member

Alright then don't loctite them, whatever. I did have the left side unscrew while I was on the road so... I would if I were to do it again. Maybe I didn't torque the bolts correctly.

Anyway, I had the misfortune of a low speed low side last Saturday. See the result of my right side chinese rear set.  :-/  

rearset.jpg

I didn't mind them. I liked them. Great price too of course. One thing I didn't like is the through bolt design that had the peg, shifter, spacers etc all on the same peg. 

After my crash I immediately hit up Bellissimoto and orders some Gilles Tooling rear sets to replace my busted ones. I installed those on Wednesday.

Now I'm not hating at all... BUT there is a big difference when you hold the Gilles rear set in one hand and the ebay chinese rear set in the other hand.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

• Premium Member
Alright then don't loctite them, whatever. I did have the left side unscrew while I was on the road so... I would if I were to do it again. Maybe I didn't torque the bolts correctly. 
Anyway, I had the misfortune of a low speed low side last Saturday. See the result of my right side chinese rear set.  :-/  

I didn't mind them. I liked them. Great price too of course. One thing I didn't like is the through bolt design that had the peg, shifter, spacers etc all on the same peg. 

After my crash I immediately hit up Bellissimoto and orders some Gilles Tooling rear sets to replace my busted ones. I installed those on Wednesday.

Now I'm not hating at all... BUT there is a big difference when you hold the Gilles rear set in one hand and the ebay chinese rear set in the other hand.

Anyway, I have a left side in perfect condition and a right side that's bent and is missing the toe shifter. I just thought about this... If someone wants them I'd be willing to ship the box of stuff to you for $30 shipped. ($15 for shipping and $15 for my inconvenience of going into the dumpster at work and pulling the box out. (rofl) )  You could PROBABLY get a new bolt, paint the peg where it's scratched and get a new toe shifter and could run them. Let me know.... the dumpster pickup is on Monday night haha!

That sucks @weazsel I'm sure the Gilles (along with some other brands) are a lot nicer.  For me, these were a pretty cheap way to see if i would actually like the position, and it turns out that the quality is good enough that they don't suck, so I'll use them until they fall apart, or something happens.
Then, like you, I'll throw down some cash for a better set.  Until then...  these were a bargain and are doing the job nicely.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

i not saying not to put on lock tight its just my preference. torque specs are based on bolt size and material its made off in most cases. i just have a feel for it and hardly ever use a torque wrench unless its on moving engine parts.

i might up grade if i have an issue with these but for now they do the trick. once i put on my lower bars i got all OCD about my foot position and this was a cheep way to see if it would solve it and it did.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed the rearset!
I have some questions though.
It was a pain in the ass to adjust the rear brake light and the pedal to have a nice "return" i could not tight the screws so much to properly work.

I've used loctite in almost every bolt, but the left side, how did you guys tight the peg? I mean, if it's too tight, the lever will not move, not sure if buying a spacer or something could work better. When you change gears, the peg will move, so it's not difficult to lose the peg lol.

Hope you guys can help me!

I've made a gif to see the difference!
PTwyoYH.gif

• Premium Member
I've installed the rearset! I have some questions though.
It was a pain in the ass to adjust the rear brake light and the pedal to have a nice "return" i could not tight the screws so much to properly work.

I've used loctite in almost every bolt, but the left side, how did you guys tight the peg? I mean, if it's too tight, the lever will not move, not sure if buying a spacer or something could work better. When you change gears, the peg will move, so it's not difficult to lose the peg lol.

Hope you guys can help me!

I've made a gif to see the difference!

Are yours the same as the ones shown by the OP?  If so, they are the same as mine too (I couldn't tell because I couldn't see the heel guard in your gif).  On mine there is a hex head screw on the inner side of the peg that secures it.  I could crank that down as tight as reasonable, and it did not bind the shift lever. In fact the shift lever has its own space that should not be affected by cranking the foot peg down.  The hex head screw is kind of a pain to get to. I loosened the rearset mounting screws to angle it out a bit and could reach it with the short end of an allen key. 

@rowdy Hmm i guess it is, let me post some pictures, and thanks for the help :)

c8ijr1U.jpg

And those are the ones i could not tight that much, or my brake pedal will not return up

k5ciOD6.jpg

• Premium Member

Okay @xt4tic In the first picture, that's the one that has a hex head bolt on the back side that I referred to. I haven't had a problem with the brake side, but I'll look at mine today and see if I have any ideas on the topic. ;)

Okay @xt4tic In the first picture, that's the one that has a hex head bolt on the back side that I referred to. I haven't had a problem with the brake side, but I'll look at mine today and see if I have any ideas on the topic. ;) 

Yeah, the first picture is what the peg and shift lever are touching each other, it can be tight by the allen key at the back, or rotating the peg, what i meant was if it's too tight, the shift lever could not be freely moved. 
I'm so sorry i could not explain as i want, i did a photo with the screw, i know it is backwards, but what i mean is, if you tight this screw too much, the shift lever could not move, and if it's not tight enough, the peg will move, so it will fall

8JDN5ln.jpg

For the brake side, i went for a ride this morning and it's working perfect, the only thing i saw when i arrived, it's the brake light, i guess the spring it's not doing enough force and the light has a delay until it's off.
I checked that two screws and they look ok, but i'm a bit worried since they are not tight properly

• Premium Member

I think brake side screws can be loose enough to allow the brake lever to move easily. The nuts just need to be loctited, so they don't loosen more. It was kind of a pain getting my brake light attachment adjusted correctly too, but I was finally able to by pulling the switch and adjusting that. I didn't have any problem cranking the hex bolt on the shift side down tight. It didn't bind the shift lever on mine.

I think brake side screws can be loose enough to allow the brake lever to move easily. The nuts just need to be loctited, so they don't loosen more. It was kind of a pain getting my brake light attachment adjusted correctly too, but I was finally able to by pulling the switch and adjusting that. I didn't have any problem cranking the hex bolt on the shift side down tight. It didn't bind the shift lever on mine.
Okay thank you! I've tightened and put some loctite at the back female screw on the brake pedal, the light has no more delay and the pedal seems to pull back better, this one
APAZdhX.jpg

I'll try to find a spacer or something to put between the shift lever and the peg, if i tight that hex screw the lever is not moving :(

Archived