The MT-07 Forum

How many miles have you ridden?

sparrrowhawk

sparrrowhawk

Hi guys..

How many miles is your ODO...And what problems have occurred ?

When did you change your tires and chain/sprockets?

• Global Moderator

7644 miles with no problems, original Bridgestones and original chain/sprocket.

I've put 10,973 on my bike with no problems. The tires are ready for a change and the chain/sprocket are fine. I am just now seeing signs that the spark plugs need to be changed soon. The bike starts quickly but it's just starting to (barely) lose some of it's pep when I hit the throttle to accelerate fast. The stock Battlax tires perform just fine and wear well for how I ride so I may just get another set of them.

Beemer

6500 Miles and had toreplace the orginal rear tire at about 4000 miles due to a nail. Front tire is fine and no problems

2900 miles, and the only problem so far is I keep finding new reasons to spend money on stuff for the bike.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

27, XXX miles. X because I'm too lazy to go in the garage and look.

Replaced stock Bridgestone tires front and rear at 17k miles with Michelin PR4s (way over due)

Replaced the stock chain and sprockets at 24k miles with DID VX525 and OEM sized JT Sprockets (Super wayyyyyy over due)

Had the valves adjusted, spark plugs changed at 27k miles (Again, over due)

Problems?

Only problem is my Neutral Switch is bad, so the gear indicator goes blank when I'm in 1st (often, but not all the time), 5th (even less than first) and 6th gear ( All the time).

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Pretty impressive @jeffkisthename . California looks like the ultimate place to ride. Me? a paltry 1300 km. I wish I had more time; I need another 'me'.

My bike still has one wheel in the diaper.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Pretty impressive @jeffkisthename . California looks like the ultimate place to ride. Me? a paltry 1300 km. I wish I had more time; I need another 'me'. 

As a motorcyclist, California is hard to beat. Year round riding, lane splitting (sharing), filtering, and there's many riders here, so there's more cagers that are aware of us, though the majority are still oblivious to what's outside of their windows.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

As a motorcyclist, California is hard to beat. Year round riding, lane splitting (sharing), filtering, and there's many riders here, so there's more cagers that are aware of us, though the majority are still oblivious to what's outside of their windows.
Yeah, looks really nice. All of those beautiful varied landscapes and "sea to sky' winding roads.  Plus you get to ride with your bro? Good motivation/fun to be had there too. But here I am derailing. 'Keep six' on those dum dums out there man! 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

thomascrown

33k miles. Only things that broke are the neutral switch and the clutch switch. Everything else has been consumables. 4th set of tires, 3rd chain, lots of oil, 3rd set of sparkplugs, valves are still within spec, haven't had to reshim. Aftermarket Graves exhaust is now rusty, and most of the packing gone. That was my biggest mistake, should have just gotten a cheaper exhaust.

• Premium Member

Just replaced my chain and sprockets at 21,xxx. Looking into a front tire next. 2 sets of spark plugs and 1 rear tire consumed. Plus lots of oil. Probably time to recharge the k&n filter.

No issues... had an error code once when I dropped the bike, but that's about it.

Everything went braap.

sparrrowhawk

27 & 33k miles on a nakedbike is very impressive..

And not much problems compared to BMWs with less miles.

Seems like the quality is good.

• Premium Member

Close to 13k miles in a 1.5yrs .. still got stock tires and chain...no problems yet...**Knocks on wood**... Only adjusted chain 2 times...change oil every 2700-3k miles...gonna change spark plugs this weekend...curious to see what they look like after 13k miles of " spirited riding" and about 12 test and tune days at the drag strip which is about 20 passes each session ...Will be near 20k miles by end of season...that's new tires, 520 chain and sprocket and have dealership check valves and throttle body sync for its Xmas present...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

twowheeladdict

Good to read the positive reports as the mileage climbs on these bikes.

Since I mostly haul mine to ride locally when on work trips that I can't ride one of my other bikes to, I am at a paltry 1500 miles or so in 6 months of ownership. Put 10,000 on other bikes in that time though.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

Close to 22K in two years.

Rear tire changed: 15K
Front tire changed: 18K

Chain and sprockets still good to go.

My bike most likely has the weep hole oil leak, but it's just been seen. Hope to get it fixed under warranty.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived