The MT-07 Forum

Lets talk tires!! 2016

Simbadc650

Ill be needing new tires soon, the back is wearing out.   Anyone got deals and links for online?
Local Bayarea got a good place to replace tires?

I don't know of any deals, but maybe try Motorcycle superstore, revzilla, bike bandit, moto mummy, etc and send it to moto tire guy in SF.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Man. I need a new rear tire...

SigSide.jpg

booboobusfz07

If you're comfortable with removing your own wheels and leaving it up on stands for a few days any cyclegear will mount up a new set for you and they price match tires. On my old ninja I bought some t30 s and had cyclegear Hayward mount em.
I think it's like 20$Ish per tire.

Guest ChicagoAJ
If you're comfortable with removing your own wheels and leaving it up on stands for a few days any cyclegear will mount up a new set for you and they price match tires. On my old ninja I bought some t30 s and had cyclegear Hayward mount em. I think it's like 20$Ish per tire.
I wouldn't trust my local CycleGear putting air in my tires let alone mounting up a tire. The guys at my local CG are real d*#ks and think they're high and mighty. One guy insisted I test ride a new triple from Yamaha (he meant the FZ07). When I said the 09 is the triple he insisted both the 07 and 09 were. I pointed out to my bike and said where's my 3rd header tube then?! This was only one of my countless bad experiences with them - another was when a part of my Icon helmet broke and they wouldn't warranty the replacement even though it was bought through them a few months prior. I had to email back and forth with an Icon Rep and they eventually sent me a huge box of goodies after hearing about the nightmare I had to go through at CG.  
I hate CG. Absolutely hate them. 

Sorry, rant over. 

• Premium Member
I hate CG. Absolutely hate them.  Sorry, rant over. 

Never been in one. Was near one a few days ago but I decided to skip out on stepping in. I figured that they don't have anything that I want at the moment and I knew that it might quickly turn into an expensive "quick visit."
Your post makes me feel like I didn't miss out. :)

Guest ChicagoAJ
I hate CG. Absolutely hate them.  Sorry, rant over. 
Never been in one. Was out of my city and near one a few days ago but I decided to skip out on stepping in. I figured that they don't have anything that I want at the moment and I knew that it might quickly turn into an expensive "quick visit." Your post makes me feel like I didn't miss out. :)
I've only ever been to one local store. But the manager there is literally the worst. My girlfriend and I went to try on helmets for her and he kept talking about how her head was easily an XXL or XL over and over and every helmet he gave her to try on could be spun around on her head while she was wearing it. She's an XS... I told him to leave us alone and just hovered around the entire time telling us we didn't know how to size helmets like he did. Ended up going to a place called The Toy Shop to pick up helmets for her.  
I've actually emailed CG Corporate to complain about this guy. Any other CG might have competent employees but I'm tarnished forever from ever going back to one because every time I go this guy just makes the experience horrible. 

• Premium Member

Yea, I'm sure there are some good Cycle Gears around. Just needed an excuse to avoid the "I missed out" feeling.
But, man, that guy is a grade A prick if other people rely on him for safety and that's the kind of advice he's giving out.

booboobusfz07

Not saying they're all great. But the guys at Hayward and pleasanton have always taken care of me pretty well and seem on top of their stuff.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Ill be needing new tires soon, the back is wearing out.   Anyone got deals and links for online? Local Bayarea got a good place to replace tires?

Down in the south bay is a place that I've gone to twice for tires. They are the self proclaimed Motorcycle tire whores. LOL! http://www.santaclaracycle.com/ They did a great job both times.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I have only been to one Cycle Gear and the woman that helped me was very friendly and knowledgeable. Maybe I was just lucky but there are definitely some good employees out there.

mdifabrizio

Is this a cycle gear hate thread or a tire thread? Hahaha.

I'm planning on using the dunlop Q3s for next season. I done really commute with my 07 so I'm going for more grip than tire life.

Once the throttle is cracked on, it is rolled on evenly, smoothly, and consistently throughout the remainder of the turn.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1738084489772201/

Is this a cycle gear hate thread or a tire thread? Hahaha.  
I'm planning on using the dunlop Q3s for next season. I done really commute with my 07 so I'm going for more grip than tire life.

I was planning to use the Q3's as well when I'm ready for new tires. I've always been happy with dunlops and michelins on my bikes.

no way to keep the bikes on stands, at a apartment complex now. Need tires for commuting. ill check out santaclara tires

Ill be needing new tires soon, the back is wearing out.   Anyone got deals and links for online? Local Bayarea got a good place to replace tires?

Down in the south bay is a place that I've gone to twice for tires. They are the self proclaimed Motorcycle tire whores. LOL! http://www.santaclaracycle.com/ They did a great job both times.

heading over this weekend to see what they feel would be a good tire for commuting, good prices too

You can also check out my buddies spot "NorCal cycles" in Millbrae on El Camino.

Also @simbadc650: I wrote it on another thread about a day or 2 ago, but do you have time for a meet sometime this week?

You can also check out my buddies spot "NorCal cycles" in Millbrae on El Camino. 
Also @simbadc650 : I wrote it on another thread about a day or 2 ago, but do you have time for a meet sometime this week?
i love norcal, but they filled up for this weekend.   yeah im free after 3pm, depending on how i feel after work i can meet up.  shoot me a text if u still got my number 

Also @simbadc650 : I wrote it on another thread about a day or 2 ago, but do you have time for a meet sometime this week?
i love norcal, but they filled up for this weekend.   yeah im free after 3pm, depending on how i feel after work i can meet up.  shoot me a text if u still got my number

Sounds good. I'll keep you updated. Thinking maybe Fri, but I'll let you know.

Sounds good. I'll keep you updated. Thinking maybe Fri, but I'll let you know.
text me so i can add you to my new phone, same number! 

• Global Moderator

For those looking for a tire mounting... surprisingly .. the dealer may be a place to go

I got mine mounted/dynamic balanced for 18 bucks at the dealer i bought the bike from
.2 hr labor
It wouldve been 45(0.5hr) if i brought the bike in and had them remove it

The CG stores around me are a joke. most cater to the dirt bike crowd more than the street.
theres a local shop called The Helmet Center that i much prefer to deal with... the owner of the HC is also a rider coach for MSF and Xcel trackdays

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I had some Conti sportattack 2's on my R6
before I sold it for my FZ. Amazing tires. After I wear out the stock battleax tires I'm definitely going to be putting on some Conti SportAttack 3's front and rear.

I do commute but I'd rather take the awesome grip over tread life any day.

2016 FZ07 - LOVING IT!!
2003 R6 - SOLD
2006 FZ6 - SOLD

Archived