The MT-07 Forum

Puig Touring Screen Bolt problem

joshv1030

Hey guys, apologies if there is already a fitting thread for this, but I looked through as many Puig threads as I could and couldn't see much talk about it. 

Got my Puig Touring screen in the mail today and was super excited. Went to put it on and I can only get 3 bolts out of 4 in. The last hole isnt even close to lining up, and it doesn't matter in what order I put the bolts in. Has anyone had this problem and has a solution? I'm thinking about just taking a dremel to the last hole to widen it out a bit. 

Any thought or tips would be much appreciated!!

• Premium Member

joshv1030, you are NOT alone regarding issues with PUIG screens, in this regard!

I got the Sport Screen and the brackets were just... wrong, period! Interestingly, mine shipped with the brackets premounted to the screen, making it impossible to install incorrectly IF one simply laid them aside as factory installed, even if one had no instructions or couldn't follow them--duh. I considered rebending the supplied brackets but instead, since I had the Yamaha fly-screen mounting brackets already installed, I fabbed my own aluminum adapters to connect the Puig to the Yami brackets, and dispensed with the pukey Puig's completely.

Doing thusly, what this allowed me to do as well, was position the screen exactly as I wanted it, not how Puig thought I might want it.

I'm sure as long as you have sufficient material, wallowing the hole will be fine.  However, what you might wish to do is check to see if all the holes can be modified slightly and that way not have to do any one quite as much.  Just something I've done over the years in similar situations.

PUIG really needs to work on quality control. My sport screen was perfect and took about 4 minutes to install. I've seen a lot of people have had success by just bending the brackets a bit.

• Premium Member

lunchbawks, all well and good, but mine would not have fit with a simple bend; it would have taken rebends of all factory bends to make it fit correctly. Hence, I just pitched their brackets into the "To reuse" bin.

Archived