The MT-07 Forum

Protection: Jacket vs Armor

bino

Do armors give as much protection as jackets when falling?

I really like the Alpinestars GP Plus R Perforated Leather Jacket but I like to ride with a hoodie so an armor would make more sense as I can't really put the hoodie over the jacket. Also if I get an armor, I wouldn't need to buy a winter jacket with protection as I can use a regular winter jacket.

Any thoughts?

alpinestars_gp_plus_r_perforated_leather_jacket_black_white_blue_zoom.jpg

Fox10_TitanSportJacket.jpg

booboobusfz07

^^ this guy.
Armor won't have anywhere near the abrasion resistance. And typically leaves alot of areas uncovered leaving you very open to injury.

If you like riding with a hoodie I suggestion buying a riding specific hoodie. There's a few w kevlar an armor built in.

• Premium Member

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Any thoughts?

Yes, get a good leather jacket that has armor built in and pull the hood out the back when wearing it under a jacket.

Beemer

Any thoughts? 
Yes, get a good leather jacket that has armor built in and pull the hood out the back when wearing it under a jacket.
it's not about the hood. It's the feel of being in hoodies that I like (don't ask why, I don't even know lol) 

I might get a "city jacket" though. I like the look and style of this one Icon 1000 Basehawk Jacket

I'm sure it's not as good as a sports leather jacket but it doesn't seem too bad either. 

Any thoughts? 
it's not about the hood. It's the feel of being in hoodies that I like (don't ask why, I don't even know lol) 

I might get a "city jacket" though. I like the look and style of this one Icon 1000 Basehawk Jacket

I'm sure it's not as good as a sports leather jacket but it doesn't seem too bad either. 
It appears you found a hoodie with protection, good for you! Although, I was more impressed with the guy in the video modeling the jacket with the 5 lb. mustache, LMAO! 

Beemer

• Premium Member
^^^ That is spam.
How is that spam? Please do PARDON ME for offering another option for a fellow rider who actually values their ass.  Motoport is very high-end gear....and furthermore, you're spam. ;) 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived