The MT-07 Forum

My new turn signals and running lights

detours

I installed a set of multi function LEDs yesterday that have turn signals and running lights. I replaced the brake flasher too, to fix the blinker rate.

In the rear, the red running light becomes a bright brake light. The yellow turn signal is on the end.

In the front, the white running light is on the end and the main light is the yellow turn signal.

I also installed a Gearbrake brake modulator that automatically lights up when you're slowing down, not just when you apply the brake.

f4c47059bdc0919312d37c7c38339fd0.jpg

e3175c40060f93e0d536f2caa2a9d2b6.jpg

One more pic with the headlight on. I like the light triangle. Should really improve visibility on the road.

71f6c4bdae1d44a58be0972d636f3012.jpg

I like DRL's, they'e nice and bright and my turn signals are crapping out on mine. I'll have to get some, thanks, bro!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Those look sharp!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

berettatrio
could you get a night picture with them?
Not sure how well it will turn out but I'll try
Ok cool. They look pretty bright. Nice find  

The wiring was a little weird on these. I expected a common ground on each stalk, but there were 2 ground wires per stalk (one for each circuit). In the end, it just meant an extra splice. No big deal.

The front turn signal is 2-wire. The front running light is also 2-wire and always on. 4 wires total.

The rear turn signal is 2-wire. The brake/tail light is 3-wire. 5 wires total.

Do you know if the DRL portion of the front signals turns off, or dims, when the turn signal is active? I
 Guess the same would go for the brake light in the rear.

I could see the amber signal getting drowned out at. Might by the brightness of the white DRL portion.

Yeah, nothing dims when the turn signals come on. So I could imagine the turn signal getting washed out, especially at night. I'll have to check that.

Archived